Dear Ataranlen
It seems that yet again you have proven yourself unable to manage a Civcraft server. During the first phase that I played on this server, You ended up having to restart the entire thing, for reasons that only you know. Why I continued playing on this server after losing all of my progress because you couldn't manage your job, I don't know. The second phase I played on this server ended better than the first, but still was very laggy for a minecraft server. This I can forgive due to the complexity of Civcraft. (Just so you know, I have a 600 dollar computer made for gaming)The third phase that I played, the civ I was in decided to switch servers due to the problems on yours. Lastly we get to the current phase. Laggy, buggy, crashes non stop, so many id errors it isn't even funny. Why would a person want to play on a server that freezes every few seconds, and that punishes you for its errors. It wouldn't be so bad if you removed upkeep on the nights that the server was down, or made it so that mobs couldn't kill you right after a server crash. Instead we're having the same problems as we did when I first started playing. At this point I am so sick of these problems, that I know longer wish to play on your server.
sincerely, Fireemblemwizard, illusion17, Firey_illusions, Rin_matsuoka, and ___Gilgamesh___
I thought I was pretty open about problems I ran into while running minetexas civcraft. That first phase I hadn't even started digging into the code yet. IIRC, I had to restart the age due to the requirement of UUID's and civcraft not being properly coded to handle them. I also had a problem with one of the mods building the great library and "winning" without informing me during another age. I then went about removing the wonder by using the civ Admin commands, which apparently weren't designed to remove things in the proper way. Check out remedialrob's post in the intros subforum, as I went into detail there. I took his advice to heart and made an effort to greatly restrict the moderator access to anything that would allow them to play favorites or affect the outcome of wars.

The current phase is a beta, and as always, I'm working on the code in my spare time. If you took the time to drop me an email instead of just complaining, I would be more speedy in restarting the server after a crash. I'm still not sure why the spigot auto restart scrip isn't working any longer.

I'll talk to the developer of the custommobs plugin about a delay in targeting on a restart. I'll pro badly also open up commands like /back during the rest of the beta.

This is the first I'm hearing of lag on Rivendell, ill have to investigate. It could boil down to not having the same ISP as we had before (stupid Frontier) and things really aren't living up to my expectations either. I've been working with them on getting connection issues resolved.

I'm sorry civcraft hasn't lived up to your expectations. It is a buggy mess that I just started working on because things broke. I keep working on it becase so many people enjoyed playing it. Thanks for letting me know how you feel, though. It always helps to get feedback. I still have plans to continue development of the server, but it isn't a priority for me right now. Thanks for helping test the 1.10 beta version of civcraft.
Support MineTexas, Buy Plus
Shop our Cafe Press Store
Or shop our Amazon Affiliate store.
(10-12-2016, 05:58 AM)ataranlen Wrote: I thought I was pretty open about problems I ran into while running minetexas civcraft. That first phase I hadn't even started digging into the code yet. IIRC, I had to restart the age due to the requirement of UUID's and civcraft not being properly coded to handle them. I also had a problem with one of the mods building the great library and "winning" without informing me during another age. I then went about removing the wonder by using the civ Admin commands, which apparently weren't designed to remove things in the proper way. Check out remedialrob's post in the intros subforum, as I went into detail there. I took his advice to heart and made an effort to greatly restrict the moderator access to anything that would allow them to play favorites or affect the outcome of wars.

The current phase is a beta, and as always,  I'm working on the code in my spare time. If you took the time to drop me an email instead of just complaining,  I would be more speedy in restarting the server after a crash. I'm still not sure why the spigot auto restart scrip isn't working any longer.

I'll talk to the developer of the custommobs plugin about a delay in targeting on a restart.  I'll pro badly also open up commands like /back during the rest of the beta.

This is the first I'm hearing of lag on Rivendell, ill have to investigate. It could boil down to not having the same ISP as we had before (stupid Frontier) and things really aren't living up to my expectations either. I've been working with them on getting connection issues resolved.

I'm sorry civcraft hasn't lived up to your expectations. It is a buggy mess that I just started working on because things broke. I keep working on it becase so many people enjoyed playing it. Thanks for letting me know how you feel, though. It always helps to get feedback. I still have plans to continue development of the server, but it isn't a priority for me right now. Thanks for helping spam the 1.10 beta version of civcraft.

Atar stop being so classy you're making me barf! Smile
(10-11-2016, 11:31 PM)fireemblemwizard Wrote: It seems that yet again you have proven yourself unable to manage a Civcraft server. During the first phase that I played on this server, You ended up having to restart the entire thing, for reasons that only you know. Why I continued playing on this server after losing all of my progress because you couldn't manage your job, I don't know. The second phase I played on this server ended better than the first, but still was very laggy for a minecraft server. This I can forgive due to the complexity of Civcraft. (Just so you know, I have a 600 dollar computer made for gaming)The third phase that I played, the civ I was in decided to switch servers due to the problems on yours. Lastly we get to the current phase. Laggy, buggy, crashes non stop, so many id errors it isn't even funny. Why would a person want to play on a server that freezes every few seconds, and that punishes you for its errors. It wouldn't be so bad if you removed upkeep on the nights that the server was down, or made it so that mobs couldn't kill you right after a server crash. Instead we're having the same problems as we did when I first started playing. At this point I am so sick of these problems, that I know longer wish to play on your server.
                                                                                                              sincerely, Fireemblemwizard, illusion17, Firey_illusions, Rin_matsuoka, and ___Gilgamesh___

600 dollars? only?