Juicy Juicy Lag Machines
So I've been enlightened to the very tangible benefits of owning and operating a lag machine. They are easy to make, and provide many interesting applications to disrupt enemy players.

Anyway, since this is anarchy, we should be allowed to make these machines. But since this is Atar's anarchy, I never know what he allows and doesn't allow.

So can I invest resources into making one without fear of it being removed?
I promise you that if you build a lag machine that lags the server with a pull of a lever, Atar will have it demolished to the ground in less than a day.
Science, Bitch!
Not true, they already exist on this server.

I've witnessed first hand how valuable they are for PVP. Gotta jump on dat train!
I tend to investigate sources of lag. If I can remove the source of the lag, I will usually do so and leave a "nice" sign for the owner.

I also contract some of this work out to the wonderful trains I employ.

You have been warned.
Support MineTexas, Buy Plus
Shop our Cafe Press Store
Or shop our Amazon Affiliate store.
(10-19-2016, 11:09 AM)ataranlen Wrote: I tend to investigate sources of lag. If I can remove the source of the lag, I will usually do so and leave a "nice" sign for the owner.

You have been warned.

Atar were you responsible for the recent explosion at my God Gear Factory AFK point!!!???

I assumed it must have been creeper, but now I'm not so sure  Undecided
"Complexity, is just a lot of Simplicity"
Chad, I haven't blown up anything outside of spawn in a long while, actually. Last thing was I helped ASP with their fake base "leak." I'm more prone to remove one piece of redstone from machines.

To your point, jss, the timings v2 allows me to see regions that have the highest number of activated entities. This is the easiest way for me to spot lag. Redstone, Hoppers, etc show up in this report. I can't share it because obviously it has locations. Though this report only shows active regions. so if the owner is offline, I won't see it.

Also, fun fact, someone is out past 16m in the overworld.
Support MineTexas, Buy Plus
Shop our Cafe Press Store
Or shop our Amazon Affiliate store.
(10-19-2016, 11:09 AM)ataranlen Wrote: I tend to investigate sources of lag. If I can remove the source of the lag, I will usually do so and leave a "nice" sign for the owner.

You have been warned.

I though I'd ask. Though the machines already exist and are being utilized for PVP. Because its so easy to turn on and off, I imagine it's hard to respond to. If not impossible if someone is trying to hide it, is it not?
(10-19-2016, 11:16 AM)ataranlen Wrote: Chad, I haven't blown up anything outside of spawn in a long while, actually. Last thing was I helped ASP with their fake base "leak." I'm more prone to remove one piece of redstone from machines.

To your point, jss, the timings v2 allows me to see regions that have the highest number of activated entities. This is the easiest way for me to spot lag. Redstone, Hoppers, etc show up in this report. I can't share it because obviously it has locations. Though this report only shows active regions. so if the owner is offline, I won't see it.

Also, fun fact, someone is out past 16m in the overworld.

I figured as much. Well I hope next time its obvious that someone turns a machine on, youre around to catch it. I was also under the impression that lag machines werent necessarily entity crammed, but instead calculation overload heavy, like a shit ton of falling sand, flowing water, lava, and redstone lamps. I don't know how youre supposed to see that on a diagnostic.
(10-19-2016, 11:22 AM)jss05a Wrote: I figured as much. Well I hope next time its obvious that someone turns a machine on, youre around to catch it. I was also under the impression that lag machines werent necessarily entity crammed, but instead calculation overload heavy, like a shit ton of falling sand, flowing water, lava, and redstone lamps. I don't know how youre supposed to see that on a diagnostic.

Some lag machines do work that way, and those are the machines that cause less harm through creating instantaneous lag. These machines fall apart after activation and need to be rested.
Science, Bitch!
(10-19-2016, 11:32 AM)BBaajour Wrote:
(10-19-2016, 11:22 AM)jss05a Wrote: I figured as much. Well I hope next time its obvious that someone turns a machine on, youre around to catch it. I was also under the impression that lag machines werent necessarily entity crammed, but instead calculation overload heavy, like a shit ton of falling sand, flowing water, lava, and redstone lamps. I don't know how youre supposed to see that on a diagnostic.

Some lag machines do work that way, and those are the machines that cause less harm through creating instantaneous lag. These machines fall apart after activation and need to be rested.

Not the main ones they use at 2b2t. They involve putting a sand block on a piston facing upward. The piston is powered by a clock and constantly causes the sand to raise and fall. Multiply this by a thousand and you have a highly efficient machine.