Poll: Should we change our current spawn system?
This poll is closed.
Yes! Let's change it to the one suggested in this post!
14.29%
2 14.29%
Yes! But let's change it to something slightly different than suggested! (Please include what you think we should have in a reply if you choose this option)
28.57%
4 28.57%
No! Leave spawn how it is!
57.14%
8 57.14%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

A new spawn system.
Thumbs Down 
I suggest a new spawn system, our current one is good in certain areas and bad in others.

Pros of current spawn system;
  • Easy to meet with players as everyone spawns in the same place.
  • Constant access to nether hub, good for new players.
Cons of current spawn system;
  • As every player spawning in is inside a small area, the players are made easy target for Spawn Killers such as myself and other groups (Protectorate). There is 0 chance for new players to escape unless the spawn killer gets bored or decides to let them go.
  • In my opinions, it looks terrible compared to the normal look of spawn, which is completely fucking cobble stone - but then we have a central point which is decorated which reasonably hard to find materials.
  • Large trades are difficult as players can follow others very easily.
  • A thing we saw recently, bots. If we had a larger spawn in area the bots would not be a problem as we could just put them in a fucking hole. Currently, if they can not hit a player they will do /spawn taking them to where all the players are. If we had a larger area they would not have a constant supply of players to annoy.
So what do I suggest?

I say we go with a 500x500 area, with no spawn protection. Yes, just like the one on 2b2t. I fucking hate 2b2t, but their spawn system is a LOT better than ours. 

Someone has suggested this in the past, and everyone basically told the person to fuck off because people could suffocate in lava casts or drown in pools etc etc. But guess what? It's fucking anarchy! Bring a shovel for fuck sake, or a pickaxe. 

But new player will die! 

They might, they will until they get a lucky spawn in. But that is still better than being killed 100 times over in spawn with no chance of escape.

If a new player encounters a spawn killer with this new spawn system, they get a chance to run away! They can run for the motherfucking hills! Or just die and respawn elsewhere and try to escape again.

Put an end portal in 0 0. Let people fight over that. 

Take away spawn protection, let it get griefed. Take away the end portals beforehand tho.

Make spawn tps more random.

Put an end portal in 0 0, or any other place for that matter.

Please Atar.
bad idea, they can spam /spawn and it will take them into different places which will then fuck up pvp.
(10-25-2016, 10:47 PM)diamondflame5 Wrote: bad idea, they can spam /spawn and it will take them into different places which will then fuck up pvp.

How about we limit how man times you can do /spawn a day? Or is that implementing to many plugins to the server? I think that would make people be more careful with what they use their /spawn's for.
help me change my tag
I really don't think the /spawn system is broken.

Yes, people fight over control of spawn, and sometimes a particular side seems to be winning the battle for as long as a week or two... but in the 18 months I have played on this server, No group has ever had full control of spawn for a whole month. It was always possible to trade or login with new accounts and move them to safety.

If you are actually not happy with the possibility that the same new player could be killed repeatedly and never get a chance to experience the server, then sure, lets add a random teleport for new players if killed 10 times in a row or something.
"Complexity, is just a lot of Simplicity"
The idea does make sense. I would like no-spawn protection so it's more true to anarchy. It gives a chance for nee players to actually escape rather than being spawnkilled. I support this idea.
Hawt Doggo
Unarmed drones are easily dealt with. Just trigger their pathfinding, and lead them into a box. Done and done.

As far as spawnkillers, we all gotta deal with it dawg.

No one ever advocated for a new system until protectorate assumed control of spawn. Just fight back or pay for protection. Simple as that. In this case, hate the playa not the game.
I very much dislike this idea. You have to be aware goose, this is no small thing, and it would greatly alter the server, and honestly, i dont think the server needs any altering atm.
Plus, you really think atar has time for this bullshit?
Science, Bitch!
(10-26-2016, 09:37 AM)BBaajour Wrote: I very much dislike this idea. You have to be aware goose, this is no small thing, and it would greatly alter the server, and honestly, i dont think the server needs any altering atm.
Plus, you really think atar has time for this bullshit?

Yeah goose, just sit back and enjoy this new age of peace and prosperity at MT.
wanted to vote no, saw jss05a response, wanted to vote yes, saw BBaa's response and thought that he worded it perfectly.

Although I hate the profagtorate I think Chad and BBaa are right.

Also:
No /spawn
Fucks the server straight in 2b2t gayness

Limited /spawn's
Doesn't affect poorfags but affects small traders, godgear traders and pvp.

Unlimited /spawn's
Makes PvP in spawn completely and utterly useless

Timer on /spawn
Gay as hell factions shit
ΞSBCΞ Come build with us on our next project! Check the subforum for more info!
Yeah it's a tough one. The current unrandom protected spawn makes it all too predictable and boring. It's also shitty for weak cunts and new players.

The question really should be, can we improve the /spawn system without fucking ourselves over?

I know a few times Atar has put down a pressure plate in the middle of the protected area that random tp's you. I don't think this would be the best permanent solution though.

I think a random /spawn would be good, so long as there was a way to make the /spawn command not work if you are already in the spawn area. It may even be good to keep the protected 250,250 spawn, and just make the /spawn randomly tp you within a few hundred blocks of 250,250.