Everyone enjoying the dupe?
I look forward to everyone being filthy rich Smile
(11-19-2016, 03:15 PM)jss05a Wrote: I look forward to everyone being filthy rich Smile

The dupe got patched this morning due to another spigot exploit. No one as far as I know, even duped.
Hawt Doggo
so no dupe
No one is filthy rich, basically. The economy in terms of gapples continues to drop, and subsequently the PvP economic structure has degraded with it. The change in spawn has limited the total number of spawnrat retention rates, and has forced a population decrease as a result. All of these things have led to the improvement of the server, by removing the pressure for PvP, which focuses player interest into either leaving, or investing time into builds and innovations, subsequently. The long term effects are positive, as the conditioning of new players has been tightened, and thus improves the playerbase by weeding out those unfit for adaptability, without the need for an articial PvP buffer to be used to replace natural environmental concerns. The introduction of exploit-stimulated growth would have caused the PvP activities of players to spike significantly, as their disposable income would have increased. The effect, coupled with the new status of spawn, would have interfered with the ecosystem and its recent reversion to a state existing before the JIE, or June Immigration Event.
The results would be similar to an overabundance of algae, in that the players would be suffocated by the decrease in oxygen (Oxygen in this case being representative of some chance of escape), stopping their ability to respond more positively to the server environment. Thanks to the patching of this exploit before it could start, the server has been allowed to progress naturally without the issue of a dupe creating a spike in social disruption. Further developments are needed to see if this hypothesis stands up, but I am optimistic in that regard.
I'M A CREEPY OLD MAN ON THE INTERNET AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME
(11-19-2016, 08:02 PM)_Remnant_ Wrote: No one is filthy rich, basically. The economy in terms of gapples continues to drop, and subsequently the PvP economic structure has degraded with it. The change in spawn has limited the total number of spawnrat retention rates, and has forced a population decrease as a result. All of these things have led to the improvement of the server, by removing the pressure for PvP, which focuses player interest into either leaving, or investing time into builds and innovations, subsequently. The long term effects are positive, as the conditioning of new players has been tightened, and thus improves the playerbase by weeding out those unfit for adaptability, without the need for an articial PvP buffer to be used to replace natural environmental concerns. The introduction of exploit-stimulated growth would have caused the PvP activities of players to spike significantly, as their disposable income would have increased. The effect, coupled with the new status of spawn, would have interfered with the ecosystem and its recent reversion to a state existing before the JIE, or June Immigration Event.
    The results would be similar to an overabundance of algae, in that the players would be suffocated by the decrease in oxygen (Oxygen in this case being representative of some chance of escape), stopping their ability to respond more positively to the server environment. Thanks to the patching of this exploit before it could start, the server has been allowed to progress naturally without the issue of a dupe creating a spike in social disruption. Further developments are needed to see if this hypothesis stands up, but I am optimistic in that regard.
An interesting insight. I've been on vacation since Wednesday so I haven't encountered the changes.

I heavily doubt that no one took advantage of the dupe though. 

Also is spawn no longer protected?
Suprisingly, it was actually another "dupe" that caught the attention of people, acting as a distraction to the issue. The overworld and end spawns have essentially become flat 20x20 squares of bedrock, with nothing else on them. Nether is still mostly the same, but the portals are nonfunctional.
I'M A CREEPY OLD MAN ON THE INTERNET AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME
FYI: https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-63
Support MineTexas, Buy Plus
Shop our Cafe Press Store
Or shop our Amazon Affiliate store.
Spigot have released a patch, it should be rolled out shortly.
(11-20-2016, 08:29 AM)SirJohnChilcot Wrote: Dupe is over. Rejoice. Praise etc.

Atar being the fucking genius that he is blocked item drops which is just a fucking brilliant solution. Love it.

You sir, are the most cancerous little shit to ever post on this forum.
(11-20-2016, 08:29 AM)SirJohnChilcot Wrote: Dupe is over. Rejoice. Praise etc.

Atar being the fucking genius that he is blocked item drops which is just a fucking brilliant solution. Love it.

I changed how I'm blocking it. Item drops got re-enabled yesterday.
Support MineTexas, Buy Plus
Shop our Cafe Press Store
Or shop our Amazon Affiliate store.