State of Affairs
I don't know if people quite know how to adequately describe what's happened to the server lately. This post will summarize the state of the server in its current iteration if nothing changes.

The Dupe
People don't realize how fucked they are if they missed this one. Other dupes in the past didn't involve shulker boxes. This one did. Gaps will be available for the foreseeable future for any person who wants them. My gapple advantage is probably gone forever. I'm not worried though because gaps aren't as important as they once were because of:

Welcome to Anarchy.pw
The PVP you once knew is dead. Your life interacting wtih other players is now going to consist of beds and ender cyrstals. Because everyone has gaps, beds/crystals are the only real way to effectively kill players now. I admit, this is not a fun way to play, but this is life now and I'm sure I'll grow to get used to it. The utility of beds/crystals is even more useful due to the dupe and the:

New Spawn
You kids have been asking for a spawn like this for quite some time. And now you got it. I only have one word to say about it. Beautiful. This new spawn is a spawnkillers wet dream and I plan on making this thing my bitch with the help of griefers who I don't even have to persuade to help me. Obsidian portals are going to be mined relentlessly, nether land bridges are going to be destroyed, and the way to end portals are going to be blocked by lava casts/walls galore. To return home is going to be quite the pilgrimage if you decide to bravely type /spawn. Spawnkillers like me only have to watch one chokepoint now, that being the nether hub. Because such a pilgrimage in the nether and end is required, beds are going to fuck you up in a way you never encountered before. Effective spawnkillers should learn how to mitigate explosive damage to themselves. Spoopy Gear and to some degree ender pearls are now the most important items on this server for traveling safely through spawn. Chugging gaps works sort of, but trust me, the beds/crystals will kill you due to how easy it is to block the path back to the end portal.

The Protectorate
Now that everyone has nothing to lose, even I admit the monthly quota I envisioned for server protection is unlikely to happen. And of course the quota I wanted is equivalent to dirt now. So all that means is that we are going to enjoy killing people at spawn with beds and crystals mercilessly. KILL EVERYTHING mode activated. 

In Conclusion
I forsee the current events having a fairly negative effect for the server. We are turning into 2b2t, slowly but surely. Whether or not that will yield more members in the long run, who knows. I personally enjoyed how MineTexas was different than the other anarchy servers. /Spawn and protected spawn was the main difference that drew me here. With that gone, now you are going to see what happens when that is taken away, as outlined in this post. I'll adapt of course, and look forward to adapting better than others here. But I am not optimistic others will adapt as well. Guess we gotta hope for the best.
I love how my Halloween event gear happened to disrupt the way things are going to be in the foreseeable future.

We didn't have a protected spawn all the time. It evolved over time, and I decided (After some encouragement) to revert back to an older version of spawn with just a flat area and no portals.
Support MineTexas, Buy Plus
Shop our Cafe Press Store
Or shop our Amazon Affiliate store.
(11-21-2016, 10:39 AM)ataranlen Wrote: I love how my Halloween event gear happened to disrupt the way things are going to be in the foreseeable future.

We didn't have a protected spawn all the time. It evolved over time, and I decided (After some encouragement) to revert back to an older version of spawn with just a flat area and no portals.

Isn't it funny how a deity interrupting mere mortals daily lives can effect the future of a "vanilla" server.
help me change my tag
please tell me I didnt miss the dupe of the year...
ΞSBCΞ Come build with us on our next project! Check the subforum for more info!
turns out I did hahahaha fuck my life
Well... I'll be off to the next anarchy server then kek
(11-21-2016, 12:18 PM)QwQ_tw Wrote: Well... I'll be off to the next anarchy server then kek

We only managed to dupe 5 dubs of gapples....others were able to do much much more. The amount of wealth generated this dupe made the last dupe look like nothing. People are now filthy filthy rich. Like stupid rich. I anticipate the morale for existing players will start to plummet and will remain low for quite some time. The wealth generated during this dupe will be around for years to come.
(11-21-2016, 03:17 PM)jss05a Wrote:
(11-21-2016, 12:18 PM)QwQ_tw Wrote: Well... I'll be off to the next anarchy server then kek

We only managed to dupe 5 dubs of gapples....others were able to do much much more. The amount of wealth generated this dupe made the last dupe look like nothing. People are now filthy filthy rich. Like stupid rich. I anticipate the morale for existing players will start to plummet and will remain low for quite some time. The wealth generated during this dupe will be around for years to come.
Yeah man, this dupe was 1000 times more powerful than the last. With the previous dupe, using nether portals, you could only dupe about 15 items a time.
Even without the shulker boxes, this latest dupe was powerful, but because of the shulker boxes it became a monstrosity of a dupe, that will change the server forever.
(11-21-2016, 03:38 PM)SirJohnChilcot Wrote: kek, only PVPers got triggerd by dupe. I'm fine chilling at 12 mil if it weren't for fucking Chad #CHADOUT

us "pvpers" are extremely happy about this dupe. You sir are an ignorant whiny cuck.
The term "vocal minority" comes to mind when thinking of MineTexas. Entertaining drama, but not much to scoff at in terms of demographic data, or useful information.
I'M A CREEPY OLD MAN ON THE INTERNET AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME