The long way to recovery
So by now we all know the dupe happened and to some effect how bad it is. (Really bad)
We're all now on the long path for recovery for our server economy, which was one of our most amazing aspects of the server and the community, and more important; one of the most important factors that seperated us of the bat-shit crazy hellhole known as 2b2t.

As of now it's pretty clear what items got duped the most:
  • God apples
  • God gear / weapons
  • Diamond / Gold / Emerald blocks
  • Endercrystals / witherheads/ tnt
  • Beacons
  • Obsidian
Which leaves a part of the server as a rich group, and the people that missed the dupe (2 times) as a poor group that wouldnt be able to level with the top tier even if they played for a 1000 hours. That's why I have concieved a plan to help the economy stabilize faster.

The plan:
You see, now that all these pvp / grief items got duped, they're practically useless. If everyone has the same god gear its basically not godgear, but just average gear. Withers at spawn? Who cares, Gapples for ages, etc. The one thing that can seperate players from eachother right now is building. What do you need for building? Building blocks, and those weren't duped (that much).
That is why QwQ_tw's building block store is open again, and I will be recruiting players that missed the dupe that still want to earn their way to riches too, and so helping the uneven distribution of wealth caused by the dupe to close.

So basically I am going to provide for the rich players:
  • Logs
  • Wool
  • Stone
  • Cobble
  • Iron (ore or ingots)
  • Sand
  • Dirt
  • Grass
  • Glass
  • Leaves
  • Bricks
  • Colored clay
  • And more
So that those players can make their awesome bases, funded by their awesome duped items. There's one drawback however, the prices aren't going to be the good ol' regular 16Db per stack, they're going to be a lot higher, since Db's, Eb's, Gb's, Gapples are practically dirt blocks at the moment. The prices are going to be released over the next week or so. I will throw 90 to 60% (Percentage is going to be released over the next week or so) of the obtained duped items into lava, and record and upload it for every transaction, or let the player I'm trading it witness it, to accelerate the destruction/usage of duped items.
So these trades are going to be very good for the rich players because:
  • You gain building blocks for you to build your sick dupe base
  • You help the economy stabilizing by having duped items destroyed
  • By helping with the destruction of duped items, your duped items become relatively worth more, because there's less of them.
But there's more!
Since the dupe fuk't diamond rates for the coming 10000 years, we might need a new currency. That's why, for players that missed the dupe, and want to buy duped items (the 10 - 40% of items obtained by the first type of trade) and/or want to buy building blocks, dead bushes (unrenewable, limited supply, silk touch to get them) will be accepted by the block store for either blocks as well as duped items. The rates for Dead Bushes will be decided upon later this week.
So the advantages of this plan will be:
  • We get a new trustworthy unduped currency to start our new era of trading
  • Newer players or players that missed the dupe will still be able to participate
Read:
This plan is going to take a LOT of time, and I know, because my previous building block store also took a shitton of time. The only diffrence is: I did that store for my profit, and I do this store for the good of the server. If any of you want to help me with this, please respond here or DM me on the forums, or send me a MSG in game, because this is going to take a lot of man hours, but will improve the server quicker.
ΞSBCΞ Come build with us on our next project! Check the subforum for more info!
But didn't other players dupe building blocks? I know people like SirJohn duped blocks like Dark Oak but I am aware that you weren't able to dupe any. Wouldn't it be a lot more effective for someone who duped building blocks to sell them for duped items? Then the building blocks would go into builds and the items people duped would ideally go out of circulation. Just I don't see that working either. Almost all the people who duped got rich, and I don't think they would like to throw away all their wealth for building blocks. If this plan ended up working, it would still take an immense amount of time to get the duped items out of circulation.
And don't forget, if this were to work this plan would lead to you becoming rich in duped items and the rest of the dupers becoming poor again. Seems a bit like a get-rich-fast scheme that could help the server somewhat at the same time. The duped items would all shift to one person - you - if this plan worked and that just doesn't feel very stable.
I don't have much faith in this idea. I can see where you're going with it, but it just doesn't feel complete at all.
There doesn't seem much we can do about the state of the economy but brainstorm ideas until we find a plausible one so I commend you on your effort. The economy's collapse means that new players will be pretty much fucked economy wise, along with everyone who missed out on the dupe. Therefore I can somewhat agree with the dead-bushes idea for those who missed out on the dupe as they won't be fucked over as bad. But the dead-bushes idea still has one big problem. Time for an analogy men!
Lets say, Little Man George joins the server a few days after the events of the dupe. After narrowly escaping spawn he makes himself a quaint little cottage around 30k. He has big plans to build a HUGE city one day, so while looking for building materials he finds out about QwQ's new revolutionary shop. Because Little Man George missed the dupe he is able to pay for a great amount of blocks using dead-bushes alone. But Little Man George sees a flaw in the plan. He buys a hell of a lot of blocks with his dead-bushes and then proceeds to set up an identical shop to QwQ's. Now Little Man George can proceed to sell his building blocks that he bought for DUPED ITEMS, making him filthy rich as well. Now these duped items can be kept by Little Man George and because he is a prick, he will go on to lag the server to 1 TPS with his withers and ruin everyone's day.
I always knew I was kind of good at analogies, thanks for the applause there.

So, here's a TL;DR:
This plan has an incredibly large amount of flaws, so would never work.

I think you're a great guy QwQ, but I don't think this plan would work to solve the issue.

Please reply to me if you want to challenge some of my points and I'll be glad to acknowledge them : )
(11-27-2016, 10:47 AM)SirJohnChilcot Wrote: Currency will no longer work. DB only worked because, at the start, they were necessary to playing and kind of useful. Dead Bushes are useless. People now use GAps, and Beacons as currency, and I'm willing to go with that. In terms of repairing the economy, we will have to start at barter level, trading stuff for beacons and gapples, then use those to form a sort of currency that is more widely accepted and can reach the level of widespread usage that DB did right up till the dupe.

That opinion comes from someone who managed to get substantially rich off of the dupe. What do you suppose new players, and other players who didn't get rich do in the meanwhile while the economy is still fucked?
(11-27-2016, 10:57 AM)Good Old Mr. Wilson Wrote:
(11-27-2016, 10:47 AM)SirJohnChilcot Wrote: Currency will no longer work. DB only worked because, at the start, they were necessary to playing and kind of useful. Dead Bushes are useless. People now use GAps, and Beacons as currency, and I'm willing to go with that. In terms of repairing the economy, we will have to start at barter level, trading stuff for beacons and gapples, then use those to form a sort of currency that is more widely accepted and can reach the level of widespread usage that DB did right up till the dupe.

That opinion comes from someone who managed to get substantially rich off of the dupe. What do you suppose new players, and other players who didn't get rich do in the meanwhile while the economy is still fucked?
I recommend we all build a hut, and a small carrot farm while slowly sitting our wrists.
help me change my tag
The only legitimate solution to this problem is that the server needs to wait. See, there is a relatively small percentile of people who managed to get their hands on the dupe, and for the most part, the items they produced will eventually go into circulation. However, due to player decay, these people will degrade over time, until only a small amount of them, left over from the time when there WAS a dupe, will be at the top, and even they will eventually either keep their items in order to maintain their status quo, or sell it off and distribute wealth among the constant flow, or in some cases trickle, of players. Over time, things will simply return back to normal, and there will once again be a higher class, and a lower class. The PvPers have been more or less killed off, and even now, that shit is basically dead, infighting being the norm at this point.Players have started to leave off the tail end of the 2b2t nonsense, and the numbers are again decreasing. Although this concentrates the number of people who had the dupe into a smaller amount, it also means that they're on an even playing field in terms of funding ventures. The server had all these issues because of stupid, ignorant people causing issues. When those people die off, as they are now, the problem goes with them, and it is. Look at this not as a serious issue, but as a renewal for the people in it for the long haul. Time heals all wounds, after all. And because I need to one-up Mr. Wilson on his analogies (Damn you wilson), I'll use this example: The Industrial Era had a bunch of people getting filthy fucking rich, and sitting at the top while the poor people stayed poor. Over time they lost their wealth, and a middle class was created due to the forced distribution. Although minetexas does not have a legal system, it does have natural progress to essentially create that middle class and remove the overabundance of cancerous rich people. Everything will be great, and if you stick around, you can happily say "I'll dance on your fucking graves", like I do every day Big Grin
I'M A CREEPY OLD MAN ON THE INTERNET AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME
I vote we all start backing the deb as the new, official Minetexas currency immediately. ¡Me encanta los arbustos muertos!
I agree with Rem. Time will heal the server to a degree. With the last dupe a few months ago, using minecrat and nether portals, we all thought the server would be fucked. However it bounced back within a week or so. Granted, this latest dupe was about 500 times more severe than the nether portal one, but I still think over time shit will correct itself on its own. Yes a lot of things will be different for years, for example the abundance of gapps. But given time cancerous fucks will get bored and leave the server, and the good cunts will hopefully ride this storm out until it settles down.

I don't really give a shit about trading and the economy, to me the real loss is good players quitting over this.
(11-27-2016, 11:13 AM)_Remnant_ Wrote: The only legitimate solution to this problem is that the server needs to wait. See, there is a relatively small percentile of people who managed to get their hands on the dupe, and for the most part, the items they produced will eventually go into circulation. However, due to player decay, these people will degrade over time, until only a small amount of them, left over from the time when there WAS a dupe, will be at the top, and even they will eventually either keep their items in order to maintain their status quo, or sell it off and distribute wealth among the constant flow, or in some cases trickle, of players. Over time, things will simply return back to normal, and there will once again be a higher class, and a lower class. The PvPers have been more or less killed off, and even now, that shit is basically dead, infighting being the norm at this point.Players have started to leave off the tail end of the 2b2t nonsense, and the numbers are again decreasing. Although this concentrates the number of people who had the dupe into a smaller amount, it also means that they're on an even playing field in terms of funding ventures. The server had all these issues because of stupid, ignorant people causing issues. When those people die off, as they are now, the problem goes with them, and it is. Look at this not as a serious issue, but as a renewal for the people in it for the long haul. Time heals all wounds, after all. And because I need to one-up Mr. Wilson on his analogies (Damn you wilson), I'll use this example: The Industrial Era had a bunch of people getting filthy fucking rich, and sitting at the top while the poor people stayed poor. Over time they lost their wealth, and a middle class was created due to the forced distribution. Although minetexas does not have a legal system, it does have natural progress to essentially create that middle class and remove the overabundance of cancerous rich people. Everything will be great, and if you stick around, you can happily say "I'll dance on your fucking graves", like I do every day Big Grin

Makes sense. Come to think of it, we don't really even need an immediate solution to the problem. Although it would be nice, it doesn't really seem like a neccesity. It's just quite hard for a lot of the players at the moment, especially those who missed out the dupe.

And just to one-up you back here's another analogy that can describe how we should take advantage of the situation.

We can think of the current situation like a sieve or a filter. If we give the cancerous fucks who are currently on now a bit of time to get bored, eventually they will all get filtered out and there will be happy days for all eternity with the remaining people left. Sounds like such a perfect scenario!
Yes, that was quite an unneeded analogy, but I can't be one-upped so easily my friend.
Call me Great Old Mr. Wilson if you want
I fully agree that blocks for construction looks to be the most healthy market for non-dupers right now, especially as shulker boxes allow us to store and transfer large amounts easily.

I see where you're coming from with the noble idea of destroying the duped gapples you receive as payment, but I don't think it's the way to go. These items have intrinsic value, and destroying them literally destroys value.

I think a better idea would be reselling the gapples to newer players for db.
"Complexity, is just a lot of Simplicity"
For the people that wonder: I did profit from the dupe kek I have enuff to just wait this out. I just want my old server back!
ΞSBCΞ Come build with us on our next project! Check the subforum for more info!