Shulkers and Shekels
I've closed my shops since the dupe simply because the economy was crushed with the old currency system. A new currency is needed, and though it won't last forever because new dupes come up periodically, it will have to do. 

I chose an item that wasn't duped much, has actual value in game, and is stackable. These three qualities are very hard to find these days. Even diamond blocks weren't very valuable to use in MC, but they became currency none the less.

I can't force the server to adopt my currency, but I think what I've chosen has the best chance of being viable in today's dupe economy. Without a currency, no economy can be revived. With no economy, we lose out on a once very fun aspect of our server. 

Without further ado, I present to you:

The Shulker Shell

It's not too hard to get for dedicated new players who make a smart expedition to the end, stackable, and turns into the shulker box, an item that was duped a bit, but not too much, so they are still useful to most players. Like I said, I can't force other players to adopt this, but I for one will be accepting them, and look forward to some group expeditions to the end to earn some riches.

I know Chad will be reopening his shops and will be accepting shells as well. His prices will be forthcoming.

As far as my prices, (prone to change as I feel this system out)

1 shell = 16 epearls
2 shells = 3 books
8 shells =  1 broken godset
32 shells = 1 spoopy armor piece

IMPORTANT
Also, if you screenshot someone doing the disconnect dupe still, at least 3 times in a row in the same screenie, show it to me and I'll give you 3 free books. And I will no longer accept that person's shells.

Looking forward to seeing some cool group airships being made for expeditions to plunder end cities.
Making people sell others out for a few books? Profitable business plan there my man.

As for the shells for items, that sounds quite useful and I could have a lot of fun from it. In regards to how it will affect the economy I'll leave that to some others; I'm no expert on that.
Call me Great Old Mr. Wilson if you want
(11-29-2016, 09:25 AM)jss05a Wrote: I've closed my shops since the dupe simply because the economy was crushed with the old currency system. A new currency is needed, and though it won't last forever because new dupes come up periodically, it will have to do. 

I chose an item that wasn't duped much, has actual value in game, and is stackable. These three qualities are very hard to find these days. Even diamond blocks weren't very valuable to use in MC, but they became currency none the less.

I can't force the server to adopt my currency, but I think what I've chosen has the best chance of being viable in today's dupe economy. Without a currency, no economy can be revived. With no economy, we lose out on a once very fun aspect of our server. 

The Shulker Shell

It's not too hard to get for dedicated new players who make a smart expedition to the end, stackable, and turns into the shulker box, an item that was duped a bit, but not too much, so they are still useful to most players. Like I said, I can't force other players to adopt this, but I for one will be accepting them, and look forward to some group expeditions to the end to earn some riches.

I know Chad will be reopening his shops and will be accepting shells as well. His prices will be forthcoming.

1 shell = 16 epearls
2 shells = 3 books

IMPORTANT
Also, if you screenshot someone doing the disconnect dupe still, at least 3 times in a row in the same screenie, show it to me and I'll give you 3 free books. And I will no longer accept that person's shells.

Looking forward to seeing some cool group airships being made for expeditions to plunder end cities.
I signed in on my phone to make this post.

This shit will not work.

Like seriously.

Everyone duped at LEAST 2 shulkers of shells.

This is basically just trading one item for another, it's not a currency.

Top kek

Everyone just barter, give someone something they need and take something u need, 3asy.

Sorry jss

Back to Pvp 4 u
help me change my tag
(11-29-2016, 11:11 AM)AmusingGoose Wrote:
(11-29-2016, 09:25 AM)jss05a Wrote: I've closed my shops since the dupe simply because the economy was crushed with the old currency system. A new currency is needed, and though it won't last forever because new dupes come up periodically, it will have to do. 

The Shulker Shell

1 shell = 16 epearls
2 shells = 3 books

IMPORTANT

I signed in on my phone to make this post.

This shit will not work.

Like seriously.

Everyone duped at LEAST 2 shulkers of shells.

This is basically just trading one item for another, it's not a currency.

Top kek

Everyone just barter, give someone something they need and take something u need, 3asy.

Sorry jss

Back to Pvp 4 u

Trading items for items is exactly what the db currency system was and it worked fine. And you'd be suprised how many ppl didnt dupe shulker shells simply because everyone was satisfied with the loads of boxes they got from duping anyway. Ha, if I was a betting man I bet you didnt even dupe shells goose. Give me a juicy screenshot and prove me wrong Smile

Besides, if chad accepts shells, then that's really all I need. Knowing I can turn my shells into gear is all I need for currency viability. Both Chad and I sell needed products for non dupers. I imagine more sellers will follow suit in time. And yes, gear will run out for the dupers. Non-stackable items like armor didn't get as much love.
Economic systems based on any degree of currency in an environment with this level of limited population density are going to inherently fail regardless of what that currency is. Circulation always becomes too low, pricesetting becomes the norm, the value of the item stops being equivalent to the number of currency, and the constant search for said currency creates inflation. Shulker box or not, the perpetual attempts to create a central economic system are going to inherently fail. Instead of focusing efforts on establishing a single currency, focus instead on creating an economic framework to facilitate trade, but letting people utilize the perpetually successful system of bartering that ends up being the sole reason the economy was able to "maintain" itself in the face of constant failure of its ideals and inner workings.
I'M A CREEPY OLD MAN ON THE INTERNET AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME
Ill have to say it this time... Im with goose here. Currencies are a bit too early to be introduced in this aftermath. On the other hand, bartering works fine and will always work fine. I say we just barter for now until a significant amount of duped resources has been depleted, then we can establish a stable currency.
Science, Bitch!
Chad will perpetually look for reasons to reestablish his ideology-based economic system, for that matter. I dislike attempts to try and bring back systems that don't work, (Republic and Empire come to mind Big Grin) But I guess history repeats itself, huh?
(11-29-2016, 12:30 PM)BBaajour Wrote: Ill have to say it this time... Im with goose here. Currencies are a bit too early to be introduced in this aftermath. On the other hand, bartering works fine and will always work fine. I say we just barter for now until a significant amount of duped resources has been depleted, then we can establish a stable currency.

Just stay with bartering, currency always ends up leading to the same outcome, there's literally no point to it.
(11-29-2016, 01:37 PM)SirJohnChilcot Wrote: Currency can only ever evolve out of bartering. We barter, then when traders generally start accepting the same things and giving things value, we start assigning things value and trade thing x for thing y with one person, then thing y with thing z in the other, getting what you want. If thing y is:

a. Widely agreed in value
b. Widely accepted by many traders who back it with trades
c. In widespread circulation amongst most players (And relatively easy to obtain and use in that)

it will eventually evolve into a currency. This is both the basis of our entire irl economic system, and also intuitive. That is quite simply how currency forms and if those 3 are not satisfied, then it will be very hard to make it a success. (Jungle Leaves failed because of c, as an example)

If it indeed becomes a currency, then I will be very, very surprised because it is

a. Only used by one trader, not many
b. Not easy to obtain, and so inaccessible to new players
and
c. It is not in circulation, as you cannot obtain Shulker Shells by selling to killgrave.

Good luck Killgrave, you are going to fail miserably.

If and when I get a shop up and running, I will trade to NoDupes (NoDs, or Noddies, a term I am coining and recommend) for building materials, in particular Glass, Stone and Obsidian, as it has inherent use to motivate people to use it as a currency, as well as ease of access (given time), and given that I don't give a fuck about having a currency, I don't give a fuck about the other two. Given also that you know jack shit about Economics, I recommend you trust me on this one and follow my lead.

noddies? u mug call em Noudies , I duped bugger all
"A tree , Its just a lot of shrubbery" - NoudieDX 2k15
I can't even say how retarded this post is. Please take it down.
Hawt Doggo