Memoirs of a Spawn Killer
I thought about writing a book in game about my time on MT, but I just haven't had the interest to do so. MC Word Pad sucks ass. If someone wants to transcribe this, be my guest, thought I don't really know why you would want to. Anyway, writing this is closure for me, since I would like to have a definitive event that allows me to mentally move on from this server. It's not a farewell, because usually everyone comes back at least for a little while, but since my interest in the server is waning due to cheat mode enabled right now, I wanted to share a little of my time here behind the scenes. 

Without further ado,

Introduction

My time before Killgrave was a thing is already documented in a novel I gave to ASP in exchange for a large quantity of blaze rods. You'll have to contact one of them to get a copy if you're interested, otherwise I'm just going to start at Killgrave.

As Jss05a, I had created far too many allies. Lots of great people, though obviously good and bad pvper's have incentive to ally with a good pvp'er. Before I knew it, the few people I wasn't allied with would log on sight to me as Jss05a. There was a period of a week where I could hardly get any kills at all due to this. Something had to be done. 

I remember PIEFROMHEAVEN was fucking around with invisibility at spawn with the newfriends. This was back in the day when Invisibility actually covered your armor durability and nametag. I saw its potential immediately and implemented it in all my future encounters until Impact found a way around it. Ha, eventually the disorientation of my victims from having no idea who was attacking them wore off and they adjusted their tactic of logging on sight to all invisible people. 

This adaptation of my opponents was a big reason why I played this server. When my opponents get stronger or smarter, I need to as well. So that motivates me to invent a new tactic or battle technology to regain my edge. For those of you interested in such things, I will actually be revealing most of my tricks here. Employ them if you like, they are only marginally useful now because of the dupe. 

Anyway, soon after invis started becoming mainstream pvp, I got the not too original idea of making a secret alt and seeing how long I could fly without its identity being compromised. An alt who wouldn't have any rules to abide by. I needed this because I wasn't pvping too much anymore and I felt myself becoming stagnant. I need conflict to spur innovation. So Killgrave was born.

---------------------------

Keeping Killgrave's Identity a Secret

Killgrave and my main jss05a were both notorious killers, so the connection between them would be obvious unless something was done. So, I organized a fight between jss05a and killgrave where my IRL buddy _TristanMichael controlled the killgrave account and we fought in front of a lot of spectators. I tanked the battle, jss05a was killed, and jss05a started his descent into obscurity. Anyone who said jss05a was killgrave would be refuted because lots of people saw the two accounts fighting simultaneously. 

Maintaining the illusion would be the next challenge. I thought the all caps in chat would help me differentiate the two accounts enough to allow for me to be careful. I slipped up numerous times though and talked in all caps as jss05a or my alt SmugReaper, or talked in lowercase as Killgrave when responding to someone addressing jss05a. Luckily, no one caught on to my mistakes. 

The complete list of people who knew my identity the entire time are: Creeper_bait, Mc_chocolate, Mc_strawberry, Gleanian, and _TristanMichael.

When trying to keep your alt a secret, its also important to log on and off with a huge time gap in between both accounts. I for the most part maintained this, as did Choco in his case with _Thanatos. I believe alt would have remained undiscovered if it wasn't for Gleanian revealing to the world our identities. Choco and I could have easily written off the admission as a joke, and kept the identities a secret, but that would involve personally attacking Gleanian as a liar, and though this is the internet, I do believe in human decency at all times. Play the game how you wish, but you gotta be careful how you treat people at all times. Only bad things come from treating people poorly in a context that isn't related to the game.

Anyway, I was liberated persay so that I could then merge my book, armor, and protection business all into one without having to worry about hiding alts anymore. That was a good thing that came out of it. Accumulating virtual wealth is always fun in games, and this anarchy server had a pretty cool economy. That definitely kept me going here and helped fuel my exploits at spawn.

--------------------------------

The Aether Project

For me, the only reason to accumulate wealth on an anarchy server is to use it to build some incredible shit that shouldn't be easy on a non-creative server. That was always the challenge for me here. The promise of building something amazingly difficult gave PVP purpose and being part of the economy purposeful. All wealth could be funneled into acquiring resources to make some awesome stuff. About right around the time I launched Killgrave, I joined choco, strawberry, and some others in a group base we simply dubbed the Aether. It was located in my favorite biome, Savannah Plateau M, the one with super tall grassed mountains, floating islands, and waterfalls galore. I poured some of my wealth into a humongous Savannah tree at the center point of the Aether. I didn't take screenshots of it, I know Choco did, I would love if he could post it here.

Anyway, that base was purely aesthetic, rich, and would give the Hidden Path a run for their money. ASP are some pretty bad ass builders. Anyway, one fateful day a kid by the name of Lightningstorm randomly found the base, alas, because it was 2000 blocks off an axis, and we asked him to join the base. This kid eventually joined republic, and we knew our base's days were numbered. So we killed lightning storm when we got word he was leaking information about the base, and burned the entire base to the ground. My tree burned easily. I never got my tree to that finished state again. When I am on MT, it will be because I'm building that tree at my current base.

After that biome, we moved to a mesa and ASP got building like crazy an incredible city alive with artistic and quirky structures. I did not have any contributions to this current location as I was too busy playing Killgrave, and gathering resources for my next tree which I was hoping would be another Savannah Plateau M biome. I later found one close by the mesa, but alas, it wasn't meant to be.

Gleanian got fed up hiding me and Choco's secret and so started the killing blow to the Aether. Gleanian, a resident of the Aether, threatened to leak the coordinates of the mesa and my new found biome if I didn't comply with his demands of never reviving MPC. With that threat, ASP and I abandoned the base and took most of the valuables. As far as I know the place still stands. At this point, I had half completed the construction of a new tree at the new savannah biome, so I was pretty disappointed. Getting all those logs, and leaves is no easy task.  

And after that, most of ASP disappeared. They are now happily playing Rust, which I'll most likely join them one day now that this place isn't my cup of tea anymore. I really would like to see completed pictures of that tree again.

Anyway, with the dupe, I was able to acquire all the resources I needed for the last tree. Logs, leaves, sea lanterns, obsidian (for the void inside of the trunk), glass, etc. But like I said before, I could have easily built this tree inside creative. Getting all the resources for free isn't all its cracked up to be. It isn't nearly as rewarding and not nearly as fun to construct.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Killgrave Technologies: Open Sourced

In this chapter, I'll list most of the tricks I employed to get an edge over my opponents during my stay here at MT. Some are known, some are not. Why would I reveal them now you ask? Well for one they are no good to me anymore since most tricks are trumped by infinite gear and gapples. But these tricks may be useful to you on other servers, and some of you may be just interested to know what's behind the curtain Smile.

I have not ever used a custom client. If someone says they are using a custom client, they are trying to get in your head to make you think that they are better than you ever will be, and thus will make you a little less confident for any upcoming battles. Confidence is key, and demoralizing your opponent is a huge advantage. Mind games is half the battle in pvp, and with the dupe and the elimination of the fear of losing gear, my main advantage was lost. Many fighters used to go into battle worried about losing their gear. That makes your more cautious, less innovative, and more prone to worrying about yourself rather than eliminating your opponent. 

Anyway, let's take a peek behind the curtain shall we?

1. Invisibility Potions: I didn't invent these, I just popularized them into pvp combat. These bad boys used to hide your armor durability, nametag, and health. When your opponent didn't know your health, they didn't know when you were low and when to press harder. This was a huge advantage for me in the early days, until every one started using them. Nowadays, their only advantage is sometimes people forget to add invisible people to their aura targeting, thus making you impervious to their aura. 
  2. Jump Arrows: Once again, I didn't invent these, but I first discovered that they turned off people's speed hacks and implemented them into PVP. Even today, these things still have some pretty good utility and I would recommend using them against your opponents to prevent them from running away so you can crystal them easier.
  3. The Go-Pod: Some of you may have one of these, but I'll talk about it anyway since it was so tremendously useful to me all throughout my stay here. Basically I set up a dispenser ring filled with strength, speed, and invisibility splash potions. I step on a pressure plate, and I'm instantly sprayed with all 3 potions. I then /spawn fully ready to go in a fraction of the time it would take a normal person to potion up with all that stuff. Being quick to respond to events is crucial for a spawn killer such as myself because opportunities can run away as quickly as they present themselves.
  4. The /Spawn Shortcut: Impact has a functionality called macros which lets you assign a sequence of keystrokes at the command of keybind. I did these with /spawn and simply had to press "F" to /spawn. This allowed me to quickly get to spawn without any keystroke errors and allowed me to dodge many a bed bombers. An added benefit is if you ever get obsidian portal trapped, you can get out of it by pressing "F" rather than having to log on with your alt to mine you out. 
  5. Beacon Magic: At my base I have 4 beacons active at all times. Strength II, Regeneration I, Resistance II, and Speed II. So when I /spawn, I have like 15 seconds of immortality which protects me from spawn lag. Additionally, when I took people off guard, I could drop them in 15 seconds or less without ever having to drink a strength potion. When you are waiting for someone to log back on after logging to you at spawn, this beacon magic is invaluable because you can respond immediately and with max strength to finish the job.
  6. Surveillance: I bet many of you are very interested to know how I was able to watch spawn with you being able to see me Smile. Well today's your lucky day. As the Protectorate grew and became more profitable, I obviously had to think of ways to make more money and do less work Smile. At one point I was paying spies to let me know when people were at spawn, but that was inconsistent and got expensive. So I invented the spawn camera Smile. This way I could watch spawn, be invisible to the people there so that they felt secure and safe, and I could do stuff at my base without having to patrol spawn. How I did it was very simple. Basically I would send my alt to spawn and immediately freecam about 200 blocks overhead. Once my alt was killed, the death camera would still be overlooking spawn and I would be able to see people's nametags come in and out spawn even though my character was dead. Simple, right? Enjoy.
  7. Mouse Macros: This was my single biggest advantage I ever employed during PVP. I basically got a gaming mouse that had built in software that allowed me to execute a complex combination of keystrokes at certain time intervals all at the press of a single button on my mouse. I use the DeathAdder Chroma. I highly recommend it.
  8. The Bowaxe: Using a mouse macro, I was able to develop a sequence of timed keystrokes that would attack with an axe, and during the axe charge up time, fire an arrow. The DPS was about 50% higher than just using a sword, and I had the added benefit of being able to add all sorts of fun status effects with arrows. This method of fighting is no good in laggy environments and dupe environments, simply because with lag you miss your arrows alot, and in dupe worlds people have too much time to respond because they are chugging gapples. And crystal fighting is just more efficient in general.
  9. The Quick Heal: Another macro I used involved chugging an apple at the touch of a button. This allowed me to open up my offhand for something other than a healing item, thus allowing me to use a totem, or a bow instead. 
  10. The Mark III Battlebot: This baby was my pride and joy at the end of my stay here. This thing was complete OVERKILL back in the day before the dupe, so I never really used it. Basically I had a couple macros set up to spawn in my alt fully geared out and ready to fight by my side. How I did it was I set up an assembly line of dispensers shooting out armor, weapons, totems, and splash potions. Upon command, the alt would turn on his autowalk and auto aim and would walk forward on the assembly line and get geared up. After a couple seconds of walking, I would then have it /spawn and join me in glorious battle. The thing would be auto-aimed on to friends and enemies, thus would follow me around as a friend but only aura my enemies. After the dupe I replaced all the gear for the assembly line with vanishing gear so when the bot died, it wouldn't drop anything. After the bot died, I had another command that would immediately respawn the bot fully geared and potted again in like 5 seconds. Man I loved that thing. Oh, I also made sure the bot had access to resistance II and regeneration I from beacons.
  11. AFK Elytra Flight: Basically I learned how to safely fly the elytra from a dude I forget, he was the guy that griefed the end. But anyway I'm not going to share this secret because I have friends who still use this method. But it's worth mentioning because I never spent much time traveling due to the power of AFK elytra flight. One of my fondest PVP memories was fighting Dank_memes in the skies around spawn. He also knew the secret of safe elytra flight.  I was chasing him at high speeds, zipping and whirring through the chaos around spawn, until eventually I caught up about 250 blocks in the air. I got a hit in with aura, and then he logged mid-air. I planted myself on a perch 100 blocks below, and waited. When he logged back in, he fell like a rock, I potted with strength, timed my jump just right, and met him in mid air to strike the killing blow. Man, I missed Elytra fights. Dank_Memes was the only one I could do it with.

Some may think I'm crazy for giving up all my tricks. But to be honest, when my opponents get stronger, I look for ways to get stronger as well. This may sound kind of silly, but I've actually extrapolated some interesting lessons from MC that are applicable to real life. Anarchy simulates the Lord of the Flies effect very well and is a very interesting lens to watch human behavior through. Anyway back to my original point, in life, don't be afraid to hang around people that are better than you at stuff. A lot of the times your first instinct would be to not be around that person, because they are better than you and you don't like the way that makes you feel. But to be honest, you're always gonna find people who are better than you at stuff. Even when you're at the top of your field, there's gonna be someone better than you eventually. Don't shy away from that, try and learn from them. Because that's how you're going to get better quicker.

-----------------------------------------------------

I'll continue adding chapters to this until I feel this is complete. And please let me reiterate, this is only partly for your reading pleasure, this is mainly closure for me. If you have some questions you want answered in this, let me know.
Kek , I'm getting a new computer in the next month (to run the game faster) and I really enjoy Rust , so I might join the Asp lot . kek
In addition I wouldn't mind transcribing this and giving a copy for you to sell (with some money given to me for the transcribing loyalties)
"A tree , Its just a lot of shrubbery" - NoudieDX 2k15
Only people? I'm not shitting you I always thought in the back of my head that you were Killgrave xd
"Simplicity, is just a lack of complexity." ~Cruzbones, circa 2016.
All good things must come to an end. I have many fond memories of the battles we had, Jss. Both as Jss and later as Gravy. You are hands down the best PvPer the server has seen, and I see that as a reflection of the effort you put in in developing new fighting technologies to give yourself the advantage.

Pre dupe it was enjoyableto PvP. We worked hard for the gear we fought with, grinding at xp farms, trading or looting for gear. A kill meant something. You set your foe back in wealth and advanced your own prestige and wealth with each kill. The best prepared man won the day. Truly those days were the golden days of MTA PvP.

Take it easy man, I'm sure whatever you do next, you'll be at the cutting edge of technology and innovation.
You were definitely an amazing PvP'er real talk.
"Simplicity, is just a lack of complexity." ~Cruzbones, circa 2016.
(12-06-2016, 05:15 PM)N3xtLevel Wrote: All good things must come to an end. I have many fond memories of the battles we had, Jss. Both as Jss and later as Gravy. You are hands down the best PvPer the server has seen, and I see that as a reflection of the effort you put in in developing new fighting technologies to give yourself the advantage.

Pre dupe it was enjoyableto PvP. We worked hard for the gear we fought with, grinding at xp farms, trading or looting for gear. A kill meant something. You set your foe back in wealth and advanced your own prestige and wealth with each kill. The best prepared man won the day. Truly those days were the golden days of MTA PvP.

Take it easy man, I'm sure whatever you do next, you'll be at the cutting edge of technology and innovation.

Sparring with you was always a pleasure. You will always be known in my mind as the tank.
People come, people go, the end result is the same regardless. This is more of the same. You'll get your mention in the history books, same as all the other people who've died off. This in itself is just a marker for the end of a particular era, which in itself provides me the necessary input to work on the next chapter of the history section.
I'M A CREEPY OLD MAN ON THE INTERNET AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME
(12-06-2016, 12:50 PM)jss05a Wrote: I thought about writing a book in game about my time on MT, but I just haven't had the interest to do so. MC Word Pad sucks ass. If someone wants to transcribe this, be my guest, thought I don't really know why you would want to. Anyway, writing this is closure for me, since I would like to have a definitive event that allows me to mentally move on from this server. It's not a farewell, because usually everyone comes back at least for a little while, but since my interest in the server is waning due to cheat mode enabled right now, I wanted to share a little of my time here behind the scenes. 

Without further ado,

Introduction

My time before Killgrave was a thing is already documented in a novel I gave to ASP in exchange for a large quantity of blaze rods. You'll have to contact one of them to get a copy if you're interested, otherwise I'm just going to start at Killgrave.

As Jss05a, I had created far too many allies. Lots of great people, though obviously good and bad pvper's have incentive to ally with a good pvp'er. Before I knew it, the few people I wasn't allied with would log on sight to me as Jss05a. There was a period of a week where I could hardly get any kills at all due to this. Something had to be done. 

I remember PIEFROMHEAVEN was fucking around with invisibility at spawn with the newfriends. This was back in the day when Invisibility actually covered your armor durability and nametag. I saw its potential immediately and implemented it in all my future encounters until Impact found a way around it. Ha, eventually the disorientation of my victims from having no idea who was attacking them wore off and they adjusted their tactic of logging on sight to all invisible people. 

This adaptation of my opponents was a big reason why I played this server. When my opponents get stronger or smarter, I need to as well. So that motivates me to invent a new tactic or battle technology to regain my edge. For those of you interested in such things, I will actually be revealing most of my tricks here. Employ them if you like, they are only marginally useful now because of the dupe. 

Anyway, soon after invis started becoming mainstream pvp, I got the not too original idea of making a secret alt and seeing how long I could fly without its identity being compromised. An alt who wouldn't have any rules to abide by. I needed this because I wasn't pvping too much anymore and I felt myself becoming stagnant. I need conflict to spur innovation. So Killgrave was born.

Killgrave and my main jss05a were both notorious killers, so the connection between them would be obvious unless something was done. So, I organized a fight between jss05a and killgrave where my IRL buddy _TristanMichael controlled the killgrave account and we fought in front of a lot of spectators. I tanked the battle, jss05a was killed, and jss05a started his descent into obscurity. Anyone who said jss05a was killgrave would be refuted because lots of people saw the two accounts fighting simultaneously. 

Maintaining the illusion would be the next challenge. I thought the all caps in chat would help me differentiate the two accounts enough to allow for me to be careful. I slipped up numerous times though and talked in all caps as jss05a or my alt SmugReaper, or talked in lowercase as Killgrave when responding to someone addressing jss05a. Luckily, no one caught on to my mistakes. 

The complete list of people who knew my identity the entire time are: Creeper_bait, Mc_chocolate, Mc_strawberry, Gleanian, and _TristanMichael.

When trying to keep your alt a secret, its also important to log on and off with a huge time gap in between both accounts. I for the most part maintained this, as did Choco in his case with _Thanatos. I believe alt would have remained undiscovered if it wasn't for Gleanian revealing to the world our identities. Choco and I could have easily written off the admission as a joke, and kept the identities a secret, but that would involve personally attacking Gleanian as a liar, and though this is the internet, I do believe in human decency at all times. Play the game how you wish, but you gotta be careful how you treat people at all times. Only bad things come from treating people poorly in a context that isn't related to the game.

Anyway, I was liberated persay so that I could then merge my book, armor, and protection business all into one without having to worry about hiding alts anymore. That was a good thing that came out of it. Accumulating virtual wealth is always fun in games, and this anarchy server had a pretty cool economy. That definitely kept me going here and helped fuel my exploits at spawn.

The Aether Project

For me, the only reason to accumulate wealth on an anarchy server is to use it to build some incredible shit that shouldn't be easy on a non-creative server. That was always the challenge for me here. The promise of building something amazingly difficult gave PVP purpose and being part of the economy purposeful. All wealth could be funneled into acquiring resources to make some awesome stuff. About right around the time I launched Killgrave, I joined choco, strawberry, and some others in a group base we simply dubbed the Aether. It was located in my favorite biome, Savannah Plateau M, the one with super tall grassed mountains, floating islands, and waterfalls galore. I poured some of my wealth into a humongous Savannah tree at the center point of the Aether. I didn't take screenshots of it, I know Choco did, I would love if he could post it here.

Anyway, that base was purely aesthetic, rich, and would give the Hidden Path a run for their money. ASP are some pretty bad ass builders. Anyway, one fateful day a kid by the name of Lightningstorm randomly found the base, alas, because it was 2000 blocks off an axis, and we asked him to join the base. This kid eventually joined republic, and we knew our base's days were numbered. So we killed lightning storm when we got word he was leaking information about the base, and burned the entire base to the ground. My tree burned easily. I never got my tree to that finished state again. When I am on MT, it will be because I'm building that tree at my current base.

After that biome, we moved to a mesa and ASP got building like crazy an incredible city alive with artistic and quirky structures. I did not have any contributions to this current location as I was too busy playing Killgrave, and gathering resources for my next tree which I was hoping would be another Savannah Plateau M biome. I later found one close by the mesa, but alas, it wasn't meant to be.

Gleanian got fed up hiding me and Choco's secret and so started the killing blow to the Aether. Gleanian, a resident of the Aether, threatened to leak the coordinates of the mesa and my new found biome if I didn't comply with his demands of never reviving MPC. With that threat, ASP and I abandoned the base and took most of the valuables. As far as I know the place still stands. At this point, I had half completed the construction of a new tree at the new savannah biome, so I was pretty disappointed. Getting all those logs, and leaves is no easy task.  

And after that, most of ASP disappeared. They are now happily playing Rust, which I'll most likely join them one day now that this place isn't my cup of tea anymore. I really would like to see completed pictures of that tree again.

Anyway, with the dupe, I was able to acquire all the resources I needed for the last tree. Logs, leaves, sea lanterns, obsidian (for the void inside of the trunk), glass, etc. But like I said before, I could have easily built this tree inside creative. Getting all the resources for free isn't all its cracked up to be. It isn't nearly as rewarding and not nearly as fun to construct.

I'll continue adding chapters to this until I feel this is complete. And please let me reiterate, this is only partly for your reading pleasure, this is mainly closure for me. If you have some questions you want answered in this, let me know.

After all our fighting it's a damn shame to see you go, where am I supposed to get content for my channel from now? 

In all seriousness, you have my complete respect as a pvper, you definitely are one of the best pvpers on the server, not to mention the fact that you managed to keep an alt secret for so long (;

When I first joined jss was the one scary guy at spawn, my first time experiencing true pvp on the server was MPC 1 when you fought Aspratic, I was in awe the whole time.

It's a shame to see another player go.

Much love, Gravy.
help me change my tag
(12-07-2016, 11:39 AM)AmusingGoose Wrote:
(12-06-2016, 12:50 PM)jss05a Wrote: I thought about writing a book in game about my time on MT, but I just haven't had the interest to do so. MC Word Pad sucks ass. If someone wants to transcribe this, be my guest, thought I don't really know why you would want to. Anyway, writing this is closure for me, since I would like to have a definitive event that allows me to mentally move on from this server. It's not a farewell, because usually everyone comes back at least for a little while, but since my interest in the server is waning due to cheat mode enabled right now, I wanted to share a little of my time here behind the scenes. 

Without further ado,

Introduction

The Aether Project

After all our fighting it's a damn shame to see you go, where am I supposed to get content for my channel from now? 

In all seriousness, you have my complete respect as a pvper, you definitely are one of the best pvpers on the server, not to mention the fact that you managed to keep an alt secret for so long (;

When I first joined jss was the one scary guy at spawn, my first time experiencing true pvp on the server was MPC 1 when you fought Aspratic, I was in awe the whole time.

It's a shame to see another player go.

Much love, Gravy.

Lol, your youtube channel is the closest I'll ever get to having a youtube presence in my life, so now I'm just gonna have to get used to being a normal human being...haha.

Good luck with your channel, getting fresh content from MT might be a bit difficult for a little while, but it seems like you're figuring out stuff to do just fine.
Updated the post with Killgrave Technologies: Open Sourced. Some of you may find it enlightening.