38.89%
7 38.89%
No. Let's NOT reset spawn.
61.11%
11 61.11%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

A Public Poll for a Spawn Reset.
Who would like to keep the idea of a 20x20 bedrock area in spawn, but reset spawn so that there are no lava casts? Please vote on this thread to say if we should have a spawn reset. 

*The reset will only include a 100x100 area of spawn. This does not include 0,0.
Hawt Doggo
Yikes, looks like there are more people agreeing than disagreeing on this as of now. Now we wait for the vote to be inevitably rocked to disagreement with this Big Grin
Call me Great Old Mr. Wilson if you want
I see little point in this. Only a few months ago all the cobblestone was removed, and within hours we were re casting it, causing massive lag, with over 5 people casting at a time.

Plus as I said in the other thread, your removing history- and for what gain/reason? It will all decay to its current state in a matter of weeks, minus some of the historic griefing that many of us appreciate.
(12-11-2016, 05:12 PM)N3xtLevel Wrote: I see little point in this. Only a few months ago all the cobblestone was removed, and within hours we were re casting it, causing massive lag, with over 5 people casting at a time.

Plus as I said in the other thread, your removing history- and for what gain/reason? It will all decay to its current state in a matter of weeks, minus some of the historic griefing that many of us appreciate.

There are no "historic" briefings that have ever happened at spawn. I'm not including 0,0. I'm just including a 100x100 area of spawn to be reset.
Hawt Doggo
(12-11-2016, 05:00 PM)Good Old Mr. Wilson Wrote: Yikes, looks like there are more people agreeing than disagreeing on this as of now. Now we wait for the vote to be inevitably rocked to disagreement with this Big Grin

Well. It's already happened in the past not too long ago. Why not do it again? I'm just including a 100x100 area of spawn to be reset (not including End, Nether, and 0,0).
Hawt Doggo
(12-11-2016, 05:24 PM)Xenobyte73 Wrote:
(12-11-2016, 05:00 PM)Good Old Mr. Wilson Wrote: Yikes, looks like there are more people agreeing than disagreeing on this as of now. Now we wait for the vote to be inevitably rocked to disagreement with this Big Grin

Well. It's already happened in the past not too long ago. Why not do it again? I'm just including a 100x100 area of spawn to be reset (not including End, Nether, and 0,0).

Just wrote a paragraph summing up my points on why this idea is ludicrous and redundant but it got wiped when my stupid ass decided to google possessive pronouns instead. Life is hard. Anyway, here it is again, but even longer because I decided to include an analogy for you to feast your brains on.
The idea of having a random area of spawn reset is, in my opinion, a stupid idea. For what reason would you want to reset such a small area of spawn. If you want to start some more spawn builds, you might as well clear it out yourself, considering it is such a relatively small area. Granted, it would require some effort, but it is definitely possible. But here is why it wouldn't even be worth it to reset. Analogies are great:
Let's say Little Boy Andrew who lives in a cottage 30k out one day gets an idea. Andrew wants a relatively tiny area of spawn cleared to make way for some community builds to unite the MineTexas community together as one. Andrew proceeds to make a forum post about this and somehow it is accepted. Andrew ate, drank and laughed that night as he was overwhelmed with joy about the reset area at spawn. The next day Little Boy Andrew starts a new build with a few other members of his clan. Soon, the whole thing is looking great. But horror strikes the next day when the infamous Krimson Klan shows up right on their doorstep. To Andrews horror, as he logs on it looks as if it was never reset at all. Lava casts were everywhere and his build was nowhere to be seen.
The idea is redundant and just as Ozymandias showed us, time inevitably takes over and nothing is worth anything as it all gets destroyed anyway Big Grin

I have decided to include a TL;DR as I know how some of you can get.

TL;DR: Clearing a random small area of spawn is stupid as it will go back to a destroyed mess in a matter of weeks or even days, making it entirely redundant.
Call me Great Old Mr. Wilson if you want
Exactly Wilson. Additionally, the removal of lavacasts at spawn would allow me to use a fleet of tnt bombers to wipe everything down to bedrock, which I will do for keks if lavacasts are ever removed while I'm still active on the server.
Hell, just wipe it down to bedrock anyways.
I'M A CREEPY OLD MAN ON THE INTERNET AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME
Wipe it down? What, like with a cloth or something?!