Culture boosting?
Hey,
So I got 1 question;
Why is culture boosting illegal? It's coded in by netizen, it's part of the game? Why would it be illegal to culture boost then?
Benj
Sacrificing sheep is NOT against the rules.
What is against the rules is building any kind of automated machine to sacrifice sheep without any additional work on the civ's part. This includes auto-breeding and auto-killing.
Without those culture boost machines it's litterly impossible to get a cultural victory, all big civs used them, look at DerkDerk, Vindis, Lightz, Eureka, all big civs, and even small civs on shotbow/AvRNation/other servers that I wont mention, used them, it's kinda weird that it's not allowed here.. but okay.
vindis were the most prolific hackers, exploiters and cheats in the whole of civcraft history. and saying its in netz coding, net would disagree he would not approve of this. its just the exploitation of an over worked dev. Show respect to the game and to this server owner. AVR nation had poor devs and even poorer mods. these arent any proper claims for legitimacy in your actions and you knew what you were doing was wrong or you would of informed atar when u started it. play the game properly and stop trying to find exploits to make it so you dont have to do anything.
(02-20-2015, 02:30 PM)emerald_brigade Wrote: vindis were the most prolific hackers, exploiters and cheats in the whole of civcraft history. and saying its in netz coding, net would disagree he would not approve of this. its just the exploitation of an over worked dev. Show respect to the game and to this server owner. AVR nation had poor devs and even poorer mods. these arent any proper claims for legitimacy in your actions and you knew what you were doing was wrong or you would of informed atar when u started it. play the game properly and stop trying to find exploits to make it so you dont have to do anything.

I hope you realise that *so far I know* netizen actualy knew about automatic culture farming, and already nerfed it in phase 8, from 100 culture per sheep to 50 culture per sheep. He knew about the culture farming, since Lightz is doing that since phase 4, with the villagers, and since phase 5 or 6 with the sheeps, net DO approve it because it's not an exploit, it's part of the game. So if I ask why it isnt approve, i dont show respect? I'm showing respect to the server and to the admin, why else would I report other things then only this? I didn't actualy build a culture farm in this server, so why blame me for it? I'm not trying to find exploits, I'm trying to find things to make it easier, not to do anything, you still need to farm, you still need to click your right mouse button, you cant do anything else while culture boosting.

Netizen always quoted: If the code allows it, it's okay.
He's basically saying that if he makes a mistake, players have the right to use it, but he will try to patch it

And if you didn't knew already, OstrichMann was an admin in AvRNation, and guess who is an admin in CivCraft 2.0? OstrichMann, so you are saying CivCraft 2.0 will get a poor dev, hmk, and just for the poorer mods, idc, I did good work on that server as Mod and being part on the Media team there.