Changes Coming Soon to Badges.
I have had a number of requests to improve the Badge plugin I developed for Anarchy, namely listing players who have access to a group badge.

I've begun working on a solution to this problem. I'm in the process of coding a SQL storage mechanic for badges. This will require a migration of the more than 840 currently assigned permissions to the new storage system. 

But it will add some functionality: 
There will be three new defined levels of access to a badge: Owner, Leader, and Member
Owners are the sole owner of the badge. Ownership cannot be revoked. The Owner can add and remove Leaders and Members. 
Leaders are users added by the owner to the leader group. Leaders can add and remove Members. 
Taking a badge from someone will only clear their badge if they are currently using the one being taken
Players with access to a badge group will be able to view a list of players who have access to the badge, and their access level.
Badge Owners will be able to rename their badges and change the badge text.
This will also mean new badge creation can be automated from buycraft, no more waiting for me to go in and make it happen.
And maybe more stuff.

Changes here: https://github.com/ataranlen/SuffixCommands
Support MineTexas, Buy Plus
Shop our Cafe Press Store
Or shop our Amazon Affiliate store.
Thank you Atar!!

Every badge owner will appreciate this, especially with the leader actually being able to take the badge now too.
Awesome Sauce!
I have only one question , what will happen to people who have been /badge share ed before this update , I have perms for many dead badges
"A tree , Its just a lot of shrubbery" - NoudieDX 2k15
(12-19-2016, 07:51 PM)ataranlen Wrote: I have had a number of requests to improve the Badge plugin I developed for Anarchy, namely listing players who have access to a group badge.

I've begun working on a solution to this problem. I'm in the process of coding a SQL storage mechanic for badges. This will require a migration of the more than 840 currently assigned permissions to the new storage system. 

But it will add some functionality: 
There will be three new defined levels of access to a badge: Owner, Leader, and Member
Owners are the sole owner of the badge. Ownership cannot be revoked. The Owner can add and remove Leaders and Members. 
Leaders are users added by the owner to the leader group. Leaders can add and remove Members. 
Taking a badge from someone will only clear their badge if they are currently using the one being taken
Players with access to a badge group will be able to view a list of players who have access to the badge, and their access level.
And maybe more stuff.

Finally, a good badge system. Perhaps a change in color of text in the Badge Chat when a leader/owner speaks and where badge chats can be locked in by the user instead of typing /bc (badge name) all the time, would make it more appeasing for people to buy new badges.

Don't get me wrong here, if these changes seem like they are straying us away from anarchy and into factions, feel free to criticize this idea in a constructive sort of manner, per se, constructive criticism.
I'm also coding it so Badge Owners will be able to rename their badges and change the badge text.
This will mean new badge creation can be automated from buycraft, no more waiting for me to go in and make it happen.

Noudie: I answered that in the main post, I plan to migrate all current permissions to the new storage system.
Alright. This is done. Let me know if your badge is broken or missing.
That would be an issue. I'll get that fixed later today.
Another thing I'd like to ask is , can ownership be transfered?
"A tree , Its just a lot of shrubbery" - NoudieDX 2k15
Ownership cannot currently be transferred by the user.
I might add the ability to do this later, but I can see this leading to problems.