Post dupe analisis
Why did MT get hit so hard by the dupe? How come we lost over half of our player base, when on servers like 2b2t a dupe only seems to make the sever more enjoyable?

Put simply I believe the reason is because of /spawn.
The same thing happened to anarchy.pw, a dupe and /tpa  killed that server. The same can be said for all the other 2b clones, like 4b4t who have /tpa. Yet it seems anarchy servers without a teleport plugin stay strong after a dupe, 2b2t and my favourite Constantiam coming to mind.

I think the fundamental difference between servers with and without  TP is the depth of the server. When you can be at spawn in a millisecond, the dupe is right in your face. There is no depth in the server to isolate yourself from cancer. People can TP to spawn go home and be back in less than a minute. This makes a it especially convenient for cancerous players who don't have the attention span nor intiative to achieve anything, but due to the dupe went from have an iron set between 3 players to a dub of shulker boxes full of duped PvP gear. Now, on a non TP server, these people still exist, but without TP and with their goldfish attention span they would only make the 3hr walk to spawn once or twice before their ADHD constrained them from ever making the journey again. 

Now, the problem all TP servers face is this- these cancerous, ADHD, autistic, wannabe-relevant's can get to and from spawn in seconds, without any effort. Making it a shit hole for everyone who doesn't enjoy a crystal-off every time they come to spawn.

Ok so I went off on a huge tangent there, but thats one scenerio of why TP + dupe = dead server. Heres the key point Id like to make- Many players pre dupe relied on the /spawn trading and /spawn pvping as their main focus or interest on the server. The dupe took both of those away, and that's why a shitload of people left the server after the dupe.

The only way to prevent future mass exodus, which will certainly happen next dupe, is to remove /spawn. This will encourage group bases, rebuilding a community, and isolate players from the cancerous affects and abuses of dupes mixed with /spawn.

Inb4 everyone cries over the thought of having to walk instead of TP
I second this , I believe we gotta go full on vanilla with no /spawn , this would create the ideology of Community areas away from 0,0
"A tree , Its just a lot of shrubbery" - NoudieDX 2k15
For a lot of the people who play on MineTexas, the /spawn aspect is what drew them in. By removing it, you aren't bringing many of the people who left back in, and are getting rid of more players who like the server due to /spawn
Call me Great Old Mr. Wilson if you want
I do believe the spawn tp is a good feature, but it does need some tweaking. I can endlessly tp to spawn, die, respawn in my base, repeat. Or easily run to the end portal and go home in seconds.

Perhaps a cooldown period between uses, but I admit to enjoying hanging out with people easily by using tp often and dying for the fun of it.

Perhaps putting the end portals much farther out, say at 40k instead of <1k. This will make the journey to spawn with god gear a little more dangerous, as you can't easily run home with it without a trek or a riskier close-in stash base.

I don't think this will change the damage done by the dupe though. But anarchy is anarchy and shit gets out of wack every so often causing more anarchy. I think it is up to Atar to decide if he wants more players on the server and find more new players that missed the dupe through marketing.
Yep I agree with you boys in that it would seem that the removal of TP would damage the community feel. However I believe that after the initial removal players will look towards group basing as a fulfilment of the need of community. 

Every case I've seen involving a heavy dupe a TP leads to a dead server. If you can't see what's happened to MT post dupe you're blind. There is no community left, it's been ripped out. A shift away from spawn liaisons toward group bases is all that can bring that back, or MT will stay dead like anarchy.pw 4b4t, 9b9t the list goes on...
*Analysis*
Shit people are always going to be present. The server is going to stay the way it is no matter how much people try otherwise. 2b2t isn't healthy, it's living on newfound popularity resulting from the summer. Constantiem is the repository of all the people who don't like 2b2t, and therefore will always have a playerbase. MineTexas won't die, the cancer will kill itself and leave a blank canvas for new players to join, like it always does. If you don't have the dedication to hold your own in the face of server adversity, then leave.
I'M A CREEPY OLD MAN ON THE INTERNET AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME
Yeah i would personally quit if the /spawn got removed.
Basically spawn building is one of my favourite things to do on MT it's always fun to just keep going and repairing it
I agree with you N3xt, the dupe has killed off interest for a large amount of the current player base, but what's happening now is that as the older players (ie duping players) begin to fade away and leave the server, newcomers are already beginning to return to normal play. I'd give it a few months for the server population to grow again, and /spawn is going to be just as valuable as it used to be for the new generation of players who will begin to trade and interact. The only thing that is really necessary at this point is for non-duping players to begin trading again. Traders like Philophsius setting up shop again are a good sign, and hopefully things can start again. The community may become different than before, but I wouldn't say that the server is by any means dead.
/msg me for coords to DiamondFlame5's base!  
(01-09-2017, 09:10 AM)Crazymanagor Wrote: I agree with you N3xt, the dupe has killed off interest for a large amount of the current player base, but what's happening now is that as the older players (ie duping players) begin to fade away and leave the server, newcomers are already beginning to return to normal play. I'd give it a few months for the server population to grow again, and /spawn is going to be just as valuable as it used to be for the new generation of players who will begin to trade and interact. The only thing that is really necessary at this point is for non-duping players to begin trading again. Traders like Philophsius setting up shop again are a good sign, and hopefully things can start again. The community may become different than before, but I wouldn't say that the server is by any means dead.

You're right mang. Things are slowly returning to how  they used to be- for those who didnt dupe. Trading however will always be weaker than it was right before the dupe. Forever gone are the days when motivated players like Chad could trade their way to wealth. No trader is ever going to be "rich" again, relative to a player who has access to a dupe stash.  Sure what Philo is doing is cool, but the reality is that the poorest duper could buy Philo out of stock time after time. 
If the newfriends of the server focus their gameplay on trading we will again see a mass exodus when the next dupe is found.
(01-10-2017, 03:17 PM)N3xtLevel Wrote:
(01-09-2017, 09:10 AM)Crazymanagor Wrote: I agree with you N3xt, the dupe has killed off interest for a large amount of the current player base, but what's happening now is that as the older players (ie duping players) begin to fade away and leave the server, newcomers are already beginning to return to normal play. I'd give it a few months for the server population to grow again, and /spawn is going to be just as valuable as it used to be for the new generation of players who will begin to trade and interact. The only thing that is really necessary at this point is for non-duping players to begin trading again. Traders like Philophsius setting up shop again are a good sign, and hopefully things can start again. The community may become different than before, but I wouldn't say that the server is by any means dead.

You're right mang. Things are slowly returning to how  they used to be- for those who didnt dupe. Trading however will always be weaker than it was right before the dupe. Forever gone are the days when motivated players like Chad could trade their way to wealth. No trader is ever going to be "rich" again, relative to a player who has access to a dupe stash.  Sure what Philo is doing is cool, but the reality is that the poorest duper could buy Philo out of stock time after time. 
If the newfriends of the server focus their gameplay on trading we will again see a mass exodus when the next dupe is found.

I'm sorry to see the server hasn't been working out for you. The player-base will always be constantly refreshed. The trading aspect of this anarchy server is player created, which mean's no one gives a shit about trading.
Hawt Doggo