[Resolved] On the leaking of coords yesterday
Unfortunately, through no fault of the player, I posted a screenshot of the server timings. This included a url in the address bar. A competitor then extracted the url as "revenge" and started spamming it on the server.

Affected Players:
  • Epicfiredude
  • honestlypeaceful
  • Callmewhz
  • JdBlue
  • Meedou
  • Munchi3zDahNord
  • NewIdentity
  • itsbowlingshoes
  • bawestman
  • Ecoku_DeLacy
  • Munchi3s
  • LaMerk_Foundry
  • NewWorldHodor
  • Maxkai2579
  • SHAALAZIN
  • Nulz

If your name is not on this list, your base co-ords were not leaked.

As of 2/2/2017, all bases have been moved. If something isn't right, email me asap.
Support MineTexas, Buy Plus
Shop our Cafe Press Store
Or shop our Amazon Affiliate store.
Damn. Did this leak everyone who was logged in at the time?
(02-01-2017, 12:28 PM)N3xtLevel Wrote: Damn. Did this leak everyone who was logged in at the time?
Yes, it did... I can't remember the exact time it happened so I'd appreciate someone replying with that information. This is a huge fuckup although there is not much that can be done anymore in regards to protecting all these coordinates. The location of a lot of bases are now known and nothing can be done about that.
I've heard some speak about using worldedit to move bases that have been found. I think that for the time being the areas should be protected in some way until a full solution is found. A temporary solution is needed.
It's a colossal mistake that should never have even been made.
Call me Great Old Mr. Wilson if you want
This happened yesterday at 9:30pm EST. I honestly think the bases should be moved in my opinion because this wasn't anyone's fault but Atars so why should we be punished? But yes I do understand that would be time consuming and un practical. But if anything, the coords that were leaked should be protected immediately and anything surrounding or near those coords as well.
Time Frame

1/31/2017, 7:13:23 PM - 1/31/2017, 8:21:18 PM
My condolences to everyone who lost their base. Ha, I wonder if my base mate was on during that time. RIP us if he was.

But like you guys have said when the economy crashed and pvp died with the dupe, anarchy is brutal and this stuff happens. Anarchy is constantly in a state of destruction and creation.

The Thunderhack of 2b2t must of had a similar effect....ppl were outraged, but this thing is no one's fault here except for the douchebag competitor.

I imagine the lot of you who stayed after the mass exodus of the dupe era are pretty tough and can make new bases. It's just the way of things.
(02-01-2017, 01:24 PM)ataranlen Wrote: Time Frame

1/31/2017, 7:13:23 PM - 1/31/2017, 8:21:18 PM

Can you  give a list of the people who were on?
Please send me a list of coordinates of the bases that were leaked.
Hawt Doggo
There is a set of 55 chunks that I need to sanitize. I'll be contacting affected players and moving bases as I can.
I've placed a whitelist on the server for the time being to prevent any undue access to these leaked co-ords.