/spawn
Hello, 

I was thinking earlier about how much less travel, group bases and spawn events mean because of that command, I can go straight to spawn with a quick keybind, the journey and the trip there means nothing, and considering the portals are only 2k away the trip back to base is easy as hell too, there's no challenge is travelling which is supposed to be one of the best parts of minecraft, adventuring! I was speaking to people online at the time and the census seemed pretty much all for either removing /spawn or just simply making it harder to get there, either with a cooldown a range limit or something along those lines. A couple ideas that I thought up on the fly are; moving the end portals further out, making them griefable again, but spawn more in. Or straight up going 2b style and letting people do what they want to them. I get that /spawn is a key part of MineTexas Anarchy and that you probably won't remove it but I believe making travel more 'meaningful' would improve the experience on here 100%. 

edit: another suggestion remove netherhub? just make it a 3x3 bedrock platform or no platform at all.
I disagree. If /spawn was removed completely with no access to the nether roof, being so far out it would take months to travel back and forth. Even with the nether roof enabled it'd still take me about a week to get to spawn.
Doggo gtfo you immigrant. The Spawn command, nether hub and the end hub is what makes us different from cancer servers like 2b2t, I would not wish for them to be removed as this would cause the server to be dead.

The Spawn command is what makes us Minetexans, the Spawn command makes us a community. If there was no Spawn command it would defeat the purpose of these forums. About 90% of all posts on this forums are directly or indirectly related to the spawn command. If there was no Spawn command, cities like Sand Towers would not have been possible. Not having the spawn command cuts us off from communication, it would basically defeat the purpose of this server. Trade would not be possible, groups like the SBC and the NCP would not exist. If there was no spawn command, there would have been no government and there would have been no fraternities.

I'm sure you will understand, that is if you hangout long enough and integrate into the community of this server.

In one formula:

/Spawn removed = Server Dead.
I would love there to be no /spawn. However because many of the bases shifted in the great Coord leak are now 15m+ (which is total BS as these bases are now unraidable) these people would have no way of connecting with the outside world, as their means of getting out there was un vanilla. Also all bases up to now have been founded under the understanding that there is  a /spawn command to aid travel.

I feel its too late in the game to fully remove /spawn however that a cool down on /spawn would be a good compromise

Letting the end portals get rekt won't improve game play. You can still get to spawn with the command and then to get home you can just echest and kill yourself. It will only mean no one can use the end dimension anymore.
(02-18-2017, 11:48 PM)N3xtLevel Wrote: I would love there to be no /spawn. However because many of the bases shifted in the great Coord leak are now 15m+ (which is total BS as these bases are now unraidable) these people would have no way of connecting with the outside world, as their means of getting out there was un vanilla. Also all bases up to now have been founded under the understanding that there is  a /spawn command to aid travel.

I feel its too late in the game to fully remove /spawn however that a cool down on /spawn would be a good compromise

Letting the end portals get rekt won't improve game play. You can still get to spawn with the command and then to get home you can just echest and kill yourself. It will only mean no one can use the end dimension anymore.

This is simple anarchy, adding "cooldowns" on /spawn won't do shit. I respect your opinion, but adding a cooldown on /spawn would make the server less enjoyable.
I tried to move bases in relation to how far they were already away. And I wasn't about to just do something as simple as flip positive and negative to relocate them.

Now, back on topic. We are not 2b2t, and we aren't trying to be. /spawn is a huge part of the MineTexas Anarchy experience. While I have considered daily limits or cooldowns and warpups on it, the vast majority of the established players make use of it daily for trading, building projects, and more fun things.

There's also no way I am going to unprotect the end portals or move them.
Support MineTexas, Buy Plus
Shop our Cafe Press Store
Or shop our Amazon Affiliate store.
Woah! Let's just all stop about adding these retarded features and actually be happy with what we have. So fuck off with the same damn question about removing /spawn.
Hawt Doggo