-400 -300 City Build
I'm a bit late writing about this, actually happened weeks ago.

The original goal of this project was to make something nice to show up on the February Render. I scouted some available land and flattened it to y70 with Noudie. There were still a couple of weeks left before the February render so I thought I'd wait to put roads in. Noudie decided to make a tiny farm and used a shovel to make a flattened grass path in the shape of a communist symbol.
I return a couple of days later and find that someone had decided to TNT the terraformed land! 

So I decided to move the spot of the city slightly to the east and start terraforming to y64. I flattened a bit of land then took a 2 day break... come back to see a HUGE jesus statue at the location (built by warsoilder) plus a griefed city. I'm happy that people built on the land that I terraformed, but bummed that I missed my own city build!
[Image: 72e53d0227.jpg]

At this point I realised I was going to miss the February render picture, but decided to continue on. I moved my proposed build site 100 blocks to the south and terraformed new land where there used to be ocean
[Image: 72fdb229c4.jpg]
p0x0q helped me put the roads in, then it was time to invite people down.
[Image: 73d4e0d7ff.jpg]
N3xtlevel made a nice modern looking house, and QwQ made a nice house surrounded by trees.
[Image: 73d8671db2.jpg]
Dv1 arrived and wanted to get us all together. We were terrified that an End Crystal was going to appear, but it didn't!
[Image: 73da00165c.jpg]
Warsoilder12 started on a build, and Wilson finished a nice glass building
[Image: 73db1e3f2a.jpg]
I finished my second tower, and Mute_Newt finished a tiny house on the same plot.
[Image: 73efd9eb20.jpg]
Chilcot started on a church, and somehow managed to overspill his plot and build partly on the road.
[Image: 73f10839cd.jpg]
He seemed to think that I should not be so OCD about it, but I'm pretty sure there's no place in minecraft or real life where buildings are supposed to be built on roads.
[Image: 73f35854e1.jpg]
"Complexity, is just a lot of Simplicity"
I'm a bit late writing about this, actually happened weeks ago.

The original goal of this project was to make something nice to show up on the February Render. I scouted some available land and flattened it to y70 with Noudie. There were still a couple of weeks left before the February render so I thought I'd wait to put roads in so as not to give the location away.

I returned a couple of days later and find that someone had decided to TNT the terraformed land before construction had even started! 

So I decided to move the spot of the city slightly to the east and start terraforming to y64. I flattened a bit of land then took a 2 day break... come back to see a HUGE jesus statue at the location (built by warsoilder) plus a griefed city. I'm happy that people built on the land that I terraformed, but bummed that I missed my own city build!
[Image: 72e53d0227.jpg]

At this point I realised I was going to miss the February render picture, but decided to continue on. I moved my proposed build site 100 blocks to the south and terraformed new land where there used to be ocean
[Image: 72fdb229c4.jpg]
p0x0q helped me put the roads in, then it was time to invite people down.
[Image: 73d4e0d7ff.jpg]
N3xtlevel made a nice modern looking house, and QwQ made a nice house surrounded by trees.
[Image: 73d8671db2.jpg]
Dv1 arrived and wanted to get us all together for a photo. We were terrified that an End Crystal was going to appear, but it didn't!
[Image: 73da00165c.jpg]
Warsoilder12 started on a build, and Wilson finished a nice glass building. I think Goose did the arches and the white glass structure
[Image: 73db1e3f2a.jpg]
I finished my second tower, and Mute_Newt finished a tiny house on the same plot.
[Image: 73efd9eb20.jpg]
Chilcot started on a church, and somehow managed to overspill his plot and build partly on the road.
[Image: 73f10839cd.jpg]
He seemed to think that I should not be so OCD about it, but I'm pretty sure there's no place in minecraft or real life where buildings are supposed to be built on roads.
[Image: 73f35854e1.jpg]
The Griefing

dv1, bowling and solo had been surprisingly chill about the build, with minimal killing and griefing.
Then they decided to get in a discord chat together and I knew what was about to happen.
They were good enough to record the grief.

At the time I was thinking "dayum, if only they waited another 24 hours I could have got another 3 towers up"
As it happened tho, I was totally ill IRL the next day anyway so couldn't have done any further work.

After pics
[Image: 73f60cc25c.jpg]
The city didn't really last long enough to be given a name, so yeah, bit of a fail Tongue
[Image: 73ff5042b9.jpg]
Ah well, dv1 will be dv1, still was a great project and we enjoyed ourselves! Thanks chad!
ΞSBCΞ Come build with us on our next project! Check the subforum for more info!
tfw chad forgets ur build
help me change my tag
TFW you never are on at the right times feelstimezoneman
I've been to the ruins of this city, I believe. I remember the distinct melon road.
she can rlly succ
I have the world download of one of the cities.
Well acctually it was ment to be a circle , but eh fine
"A tree , Its just a lot of shrubbery" - NoudieDX 2k15