Imperial Coin (New Currency)
Aspratic, Wilson, and I are starting a new currency to bring back the old economy we once had on the server. It will be called Imperial Coin (I.C. for short) and will be valued at approximately 100 I.C. for one whole armor god set. To distribute this currency, all three of us will be doing currency exchanges and many trades to help distribute the books and get people using the currency.

Because this is a fiat currency on an anarchy server where there are dupes, exploits, etc... we have taken certain precautions to preserver the value of Imperial Coin.

1. Only "Original" quality books are considered legal (Copy of original or copy of copy is not legal)

2. Only books signed by Wilson, Aspratic, Tristan, and their alts are considered legal

3 Only books with a date are considered legal

4. In the event of a dupe, all books minted before the date of the dupe's patch will become invalidated. You may request replacements for legitimately obtained IC if you provide photographic evidence via screenshots and a proper date included within the screenshot (date must be before the dupe started).

5. Only books with the special text "Imperial Coin" will be considered legal

6. Only books with this format or a format almost exactly identical will be considered legal:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"This book is worth the value of (insert numerical value in words) (in parentheses right after the word, put the number value) Imperial Coin."

"Minted on (date)"

"Minted by (creator)"

"Only valid if signed by Aspratic, Tristan, Wilson or their respective alts"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The book should be signed as follows:

(amount in numbers) Imperial Coin (Month and Year)

We will be printing the currency in denominations of 1, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 500, 1000, and potentially higher amounts later on.

I am also going to try and have a designated "Imperial Bank" time every so often so that different denominations of currency can be exchanged at spawn.

We may change some things about the currency, but these core principles should remain largely unchanged.

I hope this leads to more server interaction and rebuilds the economy the server once had

-Tristan
Tristan ur ez
Idk what to put here
Looks good ink sacks are hard to come by to make books tho.
I live in a vault where i never see sunlight.
ink sacks being hard to come by is a good thing when trying to get a currency going.

I was actually planning a post about how to make a currency out of written books, but I was going to suggest that "copy of copy" is the only legal tender, and the "copy of original" be kept safely in a single account's echest. The reason is you can expect unscrupulous players to make counterfeit copies of the currency and it would look almost identical to the original... but a "copy of a copy" can not be copied.

Was also going to recommend that there is only 1 denomination of book and signed by only one account, to allow for easy stacking.

Anyway, best of luck! It's always fun trying to make a currency
"Complexity, is just a lot of Simplicity"
Congrats on figuring out a solid way to make a new currency and I hope this will last the test of time
(06-25-2017, 03:34 PM)ChadDX Wrote: ink sacks being hard to come by is a good thing when trying to get a currency going.

I was actually planning a post about how to make a currency out of written books, but I was going to suggest that "copy of copy" is the only legal tender, and the "copy of original" be kept safely in a single account's echest. The reason is you can expect unscrupulous players to make counterfeit copies of the currency and it would look almost identical to the original... but a "copy of a copy" can not be copied.

Was also going to recommend that there is only 1 denomination of book and signed by only one account, to allow for easy stacking.

Anyway, best of luck! It's always fun trying to make a currency

Using a copy of a copy was an idea I had after realizing how tedious it is to make original copies kek. Also having the copies stack would be nice. Might have to revise these issues and start printing a V2 of the currency (although Imperial Coin already distributed would be considered legal tender).
Yes so everyone please give gapples, crystals and godsets to the bank and you will get leather, paper and ink back!
ΞSBCΞ Come build with us on our next project! Check the subforum for more info!
(06-28-2017, 02:38 PM)QwQ_tw Wrote: Yes so everyone please give gapples, crystals and godsets  to the bank and you will get leather, paper and ink back!

Very similar to a real bank, topkek.
Free the people of Kekistan! 
(06-29-2017, 08:00 AM)DB40000 Wrote:
(06-28-2017, 02:38 PM)QwQ_tw Wrote: Yes so everyone please give gapples, crystals and godsets  to the bank and you will get leather, paper and ink back!

Very similar to a real bank, topkek.

haha yeah! Except for the fact that if the bank thinks its a good idea to run off with your money, there's still the government and police, and there are regular fraud checks. Here, not so much. Guess this system might work for as long as 3 players all agree they want it to work.

Dangerous contruction because of the "minting" process, which gives certain players immense power, which was something diamond blocks never had. These three players have the power to invalidate all they have ever minted, or worse, inflate the currency for their own gains.

Still, I like the idea, and if there's one guy we could trust with this, it's Wilson.
ΞSBCΞ Come build with us on our next project! Check the subforum for more info!
Bump then, I'll buy some leather n ink. Only cos I (semi) trust wilson
Free the people of Kekistan!