Econarchy Trading Report (March/April 2018)
Welcome to the first Economic Report for the new Econarchy server!

The broader economic conditions have been rough for traders recently.
In short there has not been enough buyers, mainly due to the server not being promoted.
I expect increased demand in the month of May due to promotion finally starting.

March Report
There were many players on the Econarchy server at the start of March (mainly from Minetexas) who generally shared the goals of setting up a base and starting a shop. This meant that supply was high and demand was low as few people were building monuments or fighting etc.

Spawn Selling Prices

Cobblestone - $1 a stack
Apples - $32 a stack
Gold - $16 a stack
Iron - $8 a stack
Emeralds - $32 a stack
Obsidian - $80 a stack

Shulkers - $100 a box
Elytra - $100 each
Mending - $50 a book
God Armour - $900 a set

It's interesting that apples, gold, and iron were being offered at half the price they were selling for on anarchy back in the db era, and emeralds even cheaper at 1/4 price! One way of interpreting this is that diamonds themselves that have become expensive due to being used for rent (where they disappear from the economy instead of continuing in circulation).

Mending seemed expensive at $50 a book, but it always is expensive at the start. Shulkers and Elytra seemed a fair price to me at $100 each.
God armour at $900 also seemed a fair price to me as a seller (works out at 100db) but the actual customers complained that the price was too high.

April Report
If March was all about the Minetexas Regulars getting in early expecting a rush of new players, then April was all about these regulars leaving when it became clear that there would be no rush (well, not yet anyway).

Some players abandoned their shops, and the ones who remain complain of high rent. I've said that if I don't bring a rush of new players to the server in May, then I'll be halving the rent for the spawn safezone plots.

Spawn Selling Prices
Cobblestone - $1.28 a stack
Apples - $32 a stack
Gold - $16 a stack
Iron - $8 a stack
Emeralds - $48 a stack
Obsidian - $64 a stack

Shulkers - $64 a box
Elytra - $64 each
Mending - $50 a book
God Armour - $450 a set

Cobblestone has risen in price purely down to me buying $600 of the stuff from spawn for my latest city project.

The Emerald price is worth talking about... In March these were being sold by War and Bestaliasever for $0.50 each, but myself and creeperbait thought this price was a little cheap so we bought up all the supply. We weren't working together and we both had the same logic... on anarchy emeralds were worth 2-3 diamonds easy, so surely we could sell for a profit. well, I've been offering them at $0.75 each all April and almost none have been sold. Nevertheless, the Economic report looks at the lowest price offered at spawn, which means that emerald offer price increased by 50% purely from speculation.

Shulkers and Elytra now look really cheap to me at $64 each. I put this down to a glut of supply as players tend to raid as many close End Cities as they can when a server is young.

Lastly I want to talk about the God Armour price... $450 for full mending! To me this is a bargain, but it also gives credence to the theory that diamonds themselves have double the value on Econarchy as they did in the Anarchy db era.
"Complexity, is just a lot of Simplicity"
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing
>war shit talks everyone saying he doesn't play minecraft
(04-29-2018, 10:27 PM)whz2g9 Wrote: >war shit talks everyone saying he doesn't play minecraft

Unlike anarchy bans are allowed in this area of the forums. Keep on topic or get banned.
Economy is corrupted as fuck
(05-01-2018, 08:59 AM)whz2g9 Wrote: Economy is corrupted as fuck

no u
Spawn has completely sold out of shulker boxes... even the ones being sold at $100.

Expecting a high offer price for the May report.
-Worth noting that just because someone is offering to sell at that price, doesn't mean it is actually selling at that price.

PS i edited the original post to add obsidian... I actually sold out selling at $80 a stack (all to one customer) and have since dropped the price to $64 a stack and sold none! I expect to lower the price further to clear stock.
"Complexity, is just a lot of Simplicity"