On the closing of Rivendell
I've made the decision to close Rivendell as of last night.

The server will remain closed until and unless I can find competent staff to help run the server. I have a few volunteers already, but feel like I need several more to really keep things going.
Support MineTexas, Buy Plus
Shop our Cafe Press Store
Or shop our Amazon Affiliate store.
It was bound to happen eventually. I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did.

Anyways, thank you for hosting it for all these years.

Now that its dead, can I have access to the Civcraft anti-cheat source code? I want to use it for one of my projects and it would save the hassle of having to decompile/figure out how to do it myself.
(01-14-2019, 11:56 AM)mattzzigster Wrote: It was bound to happen eventually. I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did.

Now that its dead, can I have access to the Civcraft anti-cheat source code? I want to use it for one of my projects and it would save the hassle of having to decompile/figure out how to do it myself.

The anticheat sourcecode has never been released by Netizen as far as i know.
Also, it wasn't bound to happend. the problem here is that they didn't have a active dev, and just 1 other staff member.

I don't think it's the end, it just needs some tweaking staff wise
(01-14-2019, 02:08 PM)biglooc Wrote:
(01-14-2019, 11:56 AM)mattzzigster Wrote: It was bound to happen eventually. I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did.

The anticheat sourcecode has never been released by Netizen as far as i know.
Also, it wasn't bound to happend. the problem here is that they didn't have a active dev, and just 1 other staff member.

I don't think it's the end, it just needs some tweaking staff wise

This is what I meant. A better phrasing is "It was bound to happen eventually, without an active developer and no significant source of new players.

If I recall correctly, Atar obtained the code from Netizen. Either way, it shouldn't matter. The decompiled code is only a couple hundred lines, so understanding it should be a piece of cake.
Anarchy > CivCraft anyways
ΞSBCΞ Come build with us on our next project! Check the subforum for more info!
(01-16-2019, 09:56 AM)QwQ_tw Wrote: Anarchy > CivCraft anyways

sorry hacking is not my kind of thing
nooo i had a little pad built into a mountain near spawn on rivendell!

RIP
"Complexity, is just a lot of Simplicity"
(01-14-2019, 10:53 AM)ataranlen Wrote: I've made the decision to close Rivendell as of last night.

The server will remain closed until and unless I can find competent staff to help run the server. I have a few volunteers already, but feel like I need several more to really keep things going.

You've done a good job Atar. Playing civ craft on your server holds a lot of fond memories for me, and though i'm sad to see it go, I'm thankful that you were willing to put the effort in to keep the experience alive for us for so long. Thanks for all your hard work!
Wait is the Rivendell server Aberon or empress or was it its own thing?
it's own thing, and due to it's competitive nature required staff to run
"Complexity, is just a lot of Simplicity"