Coordinate exploit revealed!
I was playing the game recently and was quite surprised to receive a private message from an ally warning me about a coordinate exploit.

That's right... a way for someone to find your base coordinates without you messing up and somehow revealing them. They'd be able to trace your dupe stash simply by virtue of being online.

I did the only rational thing: I shut down minecraft and went to bed.
After waking up I had a go at working out if there indeed was a coordinate exploit.

I asked myself the question: If MrCelsius knew of a coordinate exploit, would he publicly announce whilst it was active instead of secretly storing coords and raiding bases at will. Having played with the guy for years I was drawn to the answer "yes that's exactly what he would do"

So i thought a little longer... who was the guy claiming to have had the coordinates of his bed revealed to him by private message? Well that was Fernnie... someone who would work with MrC on a troll but also be the target of one.

I was 90% sure the exploit was a hoax at this point, so i thought i'd message Fernnie on discord congratulating him on an epic troll and also asking for how long until i could reveal the thing to be a hoax to the server. He was adamant that he believed it existed and actually did a very good job of making me think it was real.

So at this point I'm 50/50 on the thing. As the rumour was that it was the /bed command at fault here (a plugin our admin wrote himself) I decided I needed to inform Atar. I told him what was being said and he explained how the plugin worked and checked the logs.

Everything came back clean and I relayed this info back down the grapevine.

That's when the coordinate exploit claims started to change.
  • Fernnie told me that the exploit reveals the location of your bed and he was working hard to find out the exploit himself
  • MrCelsius told me that the exploit is only accurate to within 10k and that Fernnie already knew
There are a whole host of little details and reasons to think it's not true, but I'm using the same technique that a judge uses in a courtroom to sort truth from lie.

The most important thing to remember when concocting a lie with someone else is to get your story straight.

I do however nominate this event for Troll of the Year 2019 award.
Honestly I salute MrCelsius and Fernnie for this, u can't dispute the kekkage here.
"Complexity, is just a lot of Simplicity"
Uh huh... good for you, kid
this nigga thought this was real lmaooooooooooo
Idk what to put here
(04-09-2019, 06:51 PM)DavidTheKID1984 Wrote: this nigga thought this was real lmaooooooooooo

not just me bro... like half the server was in a panic that's why the troll was so epic!
Don't really see a point in believing this until coords start dropping in chat or the first base gets touched
ΞSBCΞ Come build with us on our next project! Check the subforum for more info!
well they were claiming bases already had been... but actually those coords were leaked the old-fashioned way