Changes I would like to make to your Civcraft server
I liked your Civcraft server but there is a couple changes I would like to make:

1. combat
        I liked your Civcraft server but I found the combat lacking. the lower Civs don't even stand a chance against bigger ones. my combat against Eureka during the last civcraft age was just OP most of my players had t3 armor and Eureka had t4 and inside of my capital building I had about 5 people maybe less maybe more but... when Eureka came in they had 2 guys and they destroyed us all. Can you make the combat less OP and remove Catalysts like the t4 armor having just one or two attack damage and defense more than t3 its not much but its a slight difference making the combat more realistic and fun. the only thing that should have a significant difference in attack damage is the t2 t3 and t4 bows and when you capture a higher tier weapon the damage should stay the same.

2. Crafting
       The problem about Civcraft for players that don't play as much as others is that it takes like 3 weeks just to found a civ (well that's about how long it took for me to found Bree) can you make it that so you need like 8 blocks of iron and 4 tokens of leadership to found one that would take about 1-7 days for me to make a civ.
        The t2 t3 and t4 armor and weapons should also be made easier to make. (it took me about a week for me to get a t2 sword)
         The camp is also hard to get please make the crafting only a stone sword and 8 oak logs.
3. Camp
     The trouble with the camp for me is that it is so easy to run out of coal can you make the upkeep coins instead of coal.
4. War
    can you make it so you can do practice wars with your allies (at the end of wartime everything in your territory that was destroyed by your allies in practice war will be replaced and rebuilt for free)and can you make a war timer for civs

thanks for listening JustusBD
ps. sorry for my spelling and grammar mistakes.
As far as Combat goes, Mojang is making some pretty major changes to the way combat works in the new Minecraft 1.9 development branch. I think many of the changes happening there are going to make a huge difference in how combat plays out in Civcraft.

On that note, though, I have been considering re-balancing the Equipment as well. But with all of the upcoming changes in 1.9, I'm hesitant to spend too much time on it.

For crafting, I think many players had no problems getting Civs started. I'm not sure why you think this is such an issue. If we ever move more towards a 2.0 style city-state implementation, this might make sense to reduce it some, just to reduce the barrier to entry somewhat. But as It stands now, it isn't very high.
I'm pretty sure players spawn with a camp. The only reason you would need a new one is if you dropped your old one.

The camp consuming coal hasn't been an issue for anyone else thus far. It adds a bit of time input required to grow a camp so you can't just dump a bunch of coins into a new camp.

The Aberon Civcraft server is Casual mode. This prevents the capture of Cities and Civs. After the end of War time, peace is made and ownership is returned to the original civ.
Adding a whole new version of Warring would be a huge endeavour, requiring more code than I'd like. Also having things instantly repair could be a potential choke point on the server, causing the end of these "Practice Wars" to crash the server.

Thanks for your input, it is always appreciated.
Support MineTexas, Buy Plus
Shop our Cafe Press Store
Or shop our Amazon Affiliate store.
(08-31-2015, 01:18 PM)ataranlen Wrote: As far as Combat goes, Mojang is making some pretty major changes to the way combat works in the new Minecraft 1.9 development branch. I think many of the changes happening there are going to make a huge difference in how combat plays out in Civcraft.

On that note, though, I have been considering re-balancing the Equipment as well. But with all of the upcoming changes in 1.9, I'm hesitant to spend too much time on it.

For crafting, I think many players had no problems getting Civs started. I'm not sure why you think this is such an issue. If we ever move more towards a 2.0 style city-state implementation, this might make sense to reduce it some, just to reduce the barrier to entry somewhat. But as It stands now, it isn't very high.
I'm pretty sure players spawn with a camp. The only reason you would need a new one is if you dropped your old one.

The camp consuming coal hasn't been an issue for anyone else thus far. It adds a bit of time input required to grow a camp so you can't just dump a bunch of coins into a new camp.

The Aberon Civcraft server is Casual mode. This prevents the capture of Cities and Civs. After the end of War time, peace is made and ownership is returned to the original civ.
Adding a whole new version of Warring would be a huge endeavour, requiring more code than I'd like. Also having things instantly repair could be a potential choke point on the server, causing the end of these "Practice Wars" to crash the server.

Thanks for your input, it is always appreciated.

Thanks for your reply, but can you make the custom mobs come back without them its extremely hard to get the t2 t3 and t4 weapons.
That's what I'm saying, though, the custom mobs and equipment will need to be rebalanced.

If you're having problems getting the Tiers of equipment, try building a Mob Farm structure.
Support MineTexas, Buy Plus
Shop our Cafe Press Store
Or shop our Amazon Affiliate store.
Oh I had no idea that there was a mob farm structure. How does it work? Also I will be posting more ideas thanks for listening.