"Common Sense"
Hello my fellow MineTexans! My name is ATTACKMASTER55, better known by my new name, KidGotMadSkill. I have been on and off this server for a few months, and have recently gotten extremely active in the server. I have brought two of my friends onto the server with me, Slippedthread24, and 0megaCosm0. One of my friends, 0megaCosm0 has gotten into an altercation with one of your mods, TheGodGiver. (Please note I had  no problems with staff up until this point). 0mega called out a fellow user, YourCoal, informing the user that he was an avid fan of sucking on male genitalia. The mod, GodGiver, immediately muted the user. I inquired into why he was muted for such an offence. The GodGiver informed me that he was muted for innaporopiate language (not in the rules). I began to dig through his argument, claiming that he was simply censoring a different opinion, and that the correct way was to simply argue against why my friend was wrong. GodGiver regused this, saying that it was in the rules. Upon closer inspection of the rules, I found no evidence to support this claim. Calling out the mod again, his new defense was that it fell under Common Sense, and that was reason enough to ban him. I began to tear this apart, as well, stating that telling another player what gender he prefered sexually, was not apart of common sense, it was simply apart of being polite, not in the rules. We finally agreed to disagree, up to the point in which I realized the sentecne handed out to the player was cruel and unjust. The player was handed a whopping 25 minute mute! For simply and crudely insulting a player's sexual preference. I again, called the mod out on this, telling him it was simply unfair and a great example of power abuse to give this player 25 minute mute, without any form of warning or rebuttal. I don't want this to ruin my friend's and I good time on this server, however, and I hope we can settle this in the best way we can.
                                                                                                      -KidGotMadSkill
It would originally fall under the rule 2: "No spamming or excessive cursing"
Calling someone offensive names could also be against the "Common sense" rule.

A 25 minute mute is very reasonable for this type of offense.
Support MineTexas, Buy Plus
Shop our Cafe Press Store
Or shop our Amazon Affiliate store.
(09-27-2015, 01:28 PM)ataranlen Wrote: It would originally fall under the rule 2: "No spamming or excessive cursing"
Calling someone offensive names could also be against the "Common sense" rule.

A 25 minute mute is very reasonable for this type of offense.

He did continue to do it, and was rewarded with a 40 minute mute, understandable considering I told him to stop. But the first time was simply that, a first time. He didn't even curse. He told a player and I quote, "he sucked on weiner". No word in the phrase could be considered a curse. It could be considered impolite, which one could argue could fall under the 3rd rule, but 25 minutes immediately is extreme. The best response would of simply been a warning that, should he continue, he would receive a mute, in which case, 25 minutes would of been justifiable, but that never happened. What happened was that a first time offense was rewarded with a 25 minute ban, with no warning or justifiable reason. That is the case I am trying to plead, that his first offence should be considered unjust, and that action against the mod in question should be taken, that is all.
i am sure atar will look into this
My previous statements still stand.
Support MineTexas, Buy Plus
Shop our Cafe Press Store
Or shop our Amazon Affiliate store.