Trading Report (Dec 2015)
Hi Guys

I have decided to produce a Trading Report every month to update everyone on the economy of Zineon.

The last couple of weeks have been a wild ride for commodity prices. This will always happen in a small economy where one big trade can alter the entire market. Read on for more info.
Edit: ("dia" is short for diamond. 100% vanilla economy)
Don't forget that "blocks" require 9 of the ore to craft.

Diamond (64 dia per stack)
Diamond remains the only true currency on the server. However, there has been what can only be described as "inflation". With all the cheap fortune III picks being sold, almost everyone has stacks of diamonds to spend.

Obsidian (16 dia per stack)
Obsidian has remained stable throughout the last month. Accepted as currency by ChadDX and DeadOcelot. I expect price to rise once the End Towers are gone. Once this price stabilises, I expect it to become an official currency. 

Lapiz blocks (32 dia per stack)  (just doubled to 64 dia per stack)
Lapiz blocks have also remained stable throughout last month. Accepted as currency by ChadDX and DeadOcelot. This is also a candidate to be an official currency.

Iron Ingots (32 dia per stack)
Iron price has risen crazy amounts! I'm now offering 1 diamond for every 2 iron, and still no one is selling to me! The price rise is driven by increased demand for hoppers, which of course are used to automate production of many other resources.

Gold Ingots(16 dia per stack)
Gold price is currently set by the price of the Notch Apple which requires 8 gold blocks and an apple to craft. Mine it if you want, but be aware that it has less diamond value than iron currently because of the recent boom in pigman gold farming. Better than mining gold directly is to mine iron and sell it for twice the amount in Gold. Gold is currently the cheapest block to use to activate your beacons.

Redstone blocks(16 dia per stack) (no actual trades yet)
A nice decorative block, but also has industrial uses. It's abundant at diamond level, so I set it as invisible on my xray mod and don't bother mining it all.

Coal blocks (16 dia per stack) (no actual trades yet)
Coal blocks are simply the cheapest and easiest to carry furnace fuel. Who wouldn't want a stack of coal blocks in their inventory/echest for 16 dia?

Emerald blocks (128 dia per stack of blocks) (no actual trades yet)
Finally have a buyer for emeralds, so hopefully we can start to trade them. Main use of emeralds is for villager trading, which is the only way to get the "bottle o enchants" in survival mode

Apples (64 dia per stack) (just doubled to 128 dia per stack)
Thats right! Apples are now being bought for 1 diamond each. This is because of high demand for Notch Apples, which will become uncraftable after 1.9. I do not expect apples to ever be worth less than 1 dia each, maybe even will be worth more in future.

Slime blocks (128 dia per stack)
Yup, price of slimes has doubled, still no one has a slime farm. I expect prices to halve once someone starts selling slime in bulk.

Sponge (256 dia per stack)
Again, no sellers for sponge currently.

Blaze Rods (128 dia per stack)
Someone used to have a blaze farm and was selling for only 1 dia per rod, but they've left/abandoned it and now there is a shortage of blaze rods/powder. I expect the price to fall once someone makes a blaze farm, but then rise again after 1.9 drops due to needing a constant supply of blaze rods/powder to continue making potions (will be used up by brewing stand)

Magma cream (128 dia per stack)
no sellers currently, and this is the main ingredient in fire resistance potions

Glowstone (32 dia per stack)
The mother of decorative blocks is also used for redstone notification systems and in potions. Currently this is mined with a silk touch pick and xray near the nether roof, however someone in the future may make a witch farm and become a bulk seller, which would surely halve prices almost immediately.
"Complexity, is just a lot of Simplicity"
just bought 8 (+1 free) stacks of iron for 256 dia

No price change (outlook - stable)
Buy stack of iron for 32 diamonds
Sell stack of iron for 32 diamonds
Selling Notch Apples (72gold + 1 apple) for 20 dia each!

10 dia each for Bulk/Military

These will become UNCRAFTABLE after 1.9!
Agreed to buy 5 stacks of apples for 256 dia and 9 (8+1) stacks of wood.

Unfortunately trade fell through when seller found his base had been griefed/raided
Just bought 6 stacks of iron for 384 dia

Outlook now negative.

Without new buyers, price will fall to 3 iron per diamond
just sold 42 Notch apples for 420 dia.

Outlook - Stable

I am currently out of stock
Just agreed to buy a stack of sea lanterns for 16 dia

Buy: 16d/s
Sell: 32d/s

edit: trade complete
just tried to buy 64 lapiz blocks for 32 dia.

No sellers

I have doubled my offer price to 64 dia per stack of 64 lapiz blocks
just sold 3 stacks of gold ingots for 48 dia
Just sold 9 stacks of Andersite for 20 diamonds

I also offered the buyer the option to pay 40 iron, but he decided he would rather pay in diamonds and keep his iron.

This means I think the iron price may actually be stable at 2 iron per diamond