Server Promotion Strategy
Star 
Hi Guys

I have been thinking about how best to promote the server. Believe it or not, we actually have the power to direct promotion to different countries/timezones.

Firstly, I think we should start off promoting the server every weekend to the American timezone. This is because Americans are by far the biggest Nationality on the server right now (71% at time of writing). During peak times (weekend, evening in USA) we have a reliable 10-15 accounts using the server. By promoting the server at these times, we can be sure that when someone joins for the first time, they will see an active and well-used server.

Secondly, I think we should promote the server to the UK Crowd as we share a common language with the USA. The timezone is a bit off... the UK population would normally be leaving at the time that the USA population starts to log on. However, as the USA population will have increased from the first wave, there should be a bit of overlap

Thirdly, I think we should promote the server to the Germans. We already have a number of Germans using the server, and also many Germans have at least a basic understanding of English. We also already have a few people on the server who are fluent in both English and German, so there should be no problems with communication. Key thing here is that Germany is pretty close to UK as far as it goes with timezones, so new users will not be greeted by an empty server.

Fourthly, We should promote to the Australia and New Zealand, as they share a common language. Timezone is a bit off, but there should be enough overlap by now that it wont matter too much.

Fifthly, one the above steps are completed, I think we can safely promote to the rest of the world.
"Complexity, is just a lot of Simplicity"
As I mentioned previously, I really need some reviews and blog post type articles to put up on the website to help target some specific keywords. This will help out with the SEO, and help MineTexas rank higher and maintain our current rank on Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
Support MineTexas, Buy Plus
Shop our Cafe Press Store
Or shop our Amazon Affiliate store.
I could certainly do an honest "Top 5 Minecraft Anarchy Servers" post somewhere on the internet

Number 1 spot is a close call between 2b2t and MineTexas, but to me, MineTexas just edges out because of the direction it's heading in.
Oh wait... are you asking for more content to post on minetexas.com or somewhere else on the web?

Edit: Content I would happily create for this website would be a blog about the setting up of the World's First Vanilla Minecraft Commodity Exchange offering players the ability to buy and sell derivatives on margin. Once players understand that it is not me who sets the prices, but actually everyone collectively trading on the server, then I will start to offer futures contracts.
Sounds complex, but basically what this will mean is that players who understand the economy of Zineon (or have inside information) will be able to make (or lose) diamonds simply by typing in the server chat (initial deposit required). Also players will be able to buy shares in the exchange, and also the exchange will pay taxes to the government.

Once this is set up I might even be able to offer bank accounts (with a small amount of interest), and the ability to securely transfer funds to another player!

In the long term (I mean at least a year) I might be able to set up an actual functioning stock exchange. Crazy right? A stock exchange is a much harder task than a commodities exchange, but it is possible.

Yes, my favourite magazine is The Economist    Tongue
Both, actually. If you post elsewhere, a link back would be nice.
Support MineTexas, Buy Plus
Shop our Cafe Press Store
Or shop our Amazon Affiliate store.