ChadDX resigns as Minster Of Trade
Hi Guys

Many of you already know about this, but I thought I should make an official announcement.

What Happened
1. Our gracious lord Atar added some funny and jokey plugins... basically silly chat messages if someone types /fly or /help or /sethome etc.
2. One of my "friends" on the server says: "Hey Chad, type /me @l ... it's amazing"
3. I type it and it turns out it's a command that posts your REAL coords in chat
4. Atar swiftly changes the plugin to post fake coords but the damage was done.

Where was I? Well I was just finishing a project that had been taking way too long... A huge overworld gold farm over a million blocks out. I shared this base with DeadOcelot, and it was going to be my main God Gear factory and trade hub. 

How I dealt with it
1. Temporarily put all my projects on hold
2. Transferred everything valuable to other accounts (a long night)
3. Griefed the base (a long day)
4. Stayed in a rage
5. Couldn't regain my motivation to manufacture God Gear.

Unfortunately, A lot of my projects rested on producing God Gear... It allowed me to support the economy and the government.

Maybe I'll get this motivation back, I have no idea. For now, I've essentially cancelled ALL my projects (will delete/amend forum posts when i get round to it) 

Peace
"Complexity, is just a lot of Simplicity"
I don't expect to need to purchase/sell any items for the foreseeable future... you guys can just trade amongst yourselves for now ^ ^
And then trading died forever. The end. And then spawn projects died forever. The end. And then I took revenge on the "friend". The end.
No need to be so downbeat, and no need for revenge...

When my motivation is at 100%, no setback will stop me.
Clearly my motivation must have been like 50% or lower.
Also, it may come back again. I honestly don't know.

You can't place all the blame on the person who told me to type the command... Other people knew the command existed and it's just as much their fault for not emailing Atar about it.

Peace
(04-01-2016, 04:17 PM)ChadDX Wrote: No need to be so downbeat, and no need for revenge...

When my motivation is at 100%, no setback will stop me.
Clearly my motivation must have been like 50% or lower.
Also, it may come back again. I honestly don't know.

You can't place all the blame on the person who told me to type the command... Other people knew the command existed and it's just as much their fault for not emailing Atar about it.

Peace
Who do you mean by other people? Because either the blame is on the person who told you to do the command, or the blame is on you for not knowing what the command was. There's no reason to put the blame on others. Me personally, I never even knew that command existed in the 6 years I've played pc minecraft.
The dream is dead taters, the dream is dead. No more ASP, no more Zineon, just good old fashioned xenophobia and paranoia
I personally know of another person that knew the command existed, and they did not email Atar about it.

The rule is that there are no gameplay-changing commands on anarchy.

I understood the rules, and typed the command. Fair play if you call this my fault.

It's also fair to say that if the other person who knew about the command emailed Atar to say "wait a sec my god, there is a rogue command on this server" then Atar would have changed the command and me typing it wouldn't have changed the game.

anyway, shit happens, lets move on
(04-08-2016, 03:19 PM)ChadDX Wrote: I personally know of another person that knew the command existed, and they did not email Atar about it.

The rule is that there are no gameplay-changing commands on anarchy.

I understood the rules, and typed the command. Fair play if you call this my fault.

It's also fair to say that if the other person who knew about the command emailed Atar to say "wait a sec my god, there is a rogue command on this server" then Atar would have changed the command and me typing it wouldn't have changed the game.

anyway, shit happens, lets move on
Sad to see you end your position as Minister of Trade. Deeply sorry of what EpicFireDude did to you.
Hopefully, we may see potential Traders in the future. Keep on buildin'!
BlueBerries