Flight, combat, /spawn, and a timer
To whom it may concern,

I am contacting you today to voice my concerns about the enabling of flight in the server. While I would prefer no flight I am not totally opposed to its inclusion and as long as it doesn't cause bad lag it's not really that big of a deal.

What does bother me about flight is that it almost completely removes the PvP aspect of the game, something that I think is  big draw for servers such as our own. If a player decides to harass or attack you at spawn or anywhere else they can just zip away and, with flight speed high, there is no real way to get them. That's why I'd like some sort of timer enabled during combat that does not allow flight or ./spawn while it's triggered. Something like this would allow flight to be used to build or travel but not as a way to flee combat.

I look forward to a healthy and robust discussion.

Best wishes,

PropaneKing =ASP=
I am personally against flight as it makes the roads and netherhub useless.

Also flight makes graffiti on lavacasts so easy that it's no longer impressive.

I believe admin originally enabled flight to allow noobs to escape spawn after some of the regular players decided to lock it down. Certainly some of the noobs are loving being able to use their hacks... but it's time they started to play the game properly I think.
"Complexity, is just a lot of Simplicity"
(06-20-2016, 11:14 AM)ChadDx Wrote: I believe admin originally enabled flight to allow noobs to escape spawn after some of the regular players decided to lock it down. Certainly some of the noobs are loving being able to use their hacks... but it's time they started to play the game properly I think.

Which begs the question of how to deal with the spawn killing. I am an active spawn killer, but I do certainly understand how locking down the only 20x20 spawn area is not cool. I'm in favor of a 2b2t style spawn system, which would allow players more of a shot to escape, take away the protected spawn area which is out of place IMO in an anarchy server, as well as being more fun for me to hunt new friends down.
2b2t style spawn (random 500ish block spawn area) is a HUGE change and is not something i'd suggest lightly.

At the moment we have a /spawn command which teleports us to a defined area. I like that. I like that spawn is a little safe area, it gives us a certain outcome when we type /spawn which helps with vanilla trading.

A major thing about the 2b2t system is that you may end up spawning in a wall, or in a lava trap, or over a fall trap. It's a different system for a different server, and I don't want it here on minetexas.

I'd rather a player who is spawnkilled 10 times in a row gets a random teleport (+- 250 blocks) and a server message saying why.
"Complexity, is just a lot of Simplicity"
(06-20-2016, 11:32 AM)ChadDX Wrote: 2b2t style spawn (random 500ish block spawn area) is a HUGE change and is not something i'd suggest lightly.

At the moment we have a /spawn command which teleports us to a defined area. I like that. I like that spawn is a little safe area, it gives us a certain outcome when we type /spawn which helps with vanilla trading.

A major thing about the 2b2t system is that you may end up spawning in a wall, or in a lava trap, or over a fall trap. It's a different system for a different server, and I don't want it here on minetexas.

I'd rather a player who is spawnkilled 10 times in a row gets a random teleport (+- 250 blocks) and a server message saying why.

That's fair enough. I hadn't considered that. I mean, I totally get why atar has protected spawn, and I totally get why he keeps rebuilding bridges from spawn and knocking down the walls, but I think we can flesh out a middle ground that's fair for all sides.
I understand the flight thing. I'll switch it back soon.
Support MineTexas, Buy Plus
Shop our Cafe Press Store
Or shop our Amazon Affiliate store.