An Unabridged History of MineTexas Anarchy
(08-05-2016, 09:21 AM)SirJohnChilcot Wrote: I'd say there is a bit more than that. Exculding the sparse floating bit about the Rusher Crisis, with no real backdrop shown, the story left of with the splitting into Frats, from where I would like to continue.

The ASP, having been a major player in the Fall of Zineon now dominated. The Government disitegrated and there was nothing to stop the ASP with the militia crushed and senior figures either having left being pushed out by _Remnant_, fled into hiding, or deserting the military at the sight of the fearsome group of spawnkillers that were the ASP. Only two remaining tiny splinters of the Government remained out of those who still stayed on the server: MemeTeam, with Xenobyte and Epic, who had been defeated and disgraced in the ASP War, and the SBC, led by Chad, and other members of the government who wished to be peaceful and impartial, passive and accepting of the new power balance, Chad reverting to his pre-Zineon timid neutrality.

Out of the dust however, rose a new group, The Empire, headed by warsoilder12, who vowed to defeat the ASP and return the server to the golden days of Zineon. The fought bravely, but the fearsome forces of the ASP were to strong and immovable, so a weakened Empire had to concede peace, nothing having changed, if anything, ASP more powerful than before with a new generation of ferocious warriors to follow Zen and Taters.

Several groups rose and fell, most looking for community builds, few seeking to challenge the ASP, most wishing for peace. Hybrid was formed as a go between for SBC and ASP, and gathered a few players, but by no means a fearsome clan, and overtime it was seen just to pander openly to the ASP. Ace, or GranAsti was formed by Philosophius as a group build project, TDK formed by Shaws and ElatedTruste for much the same reason, neither seeking to challenge the ASP overlords. As for Nyarlothtep, he had completed his Zineon experiment, and lay low for a bit, before going off for the summer.

Across the fateful summer of 2016, as these groups were being formed, and as an uneasy peace between ASP and those who were now their subjects was formed, on 2b2t, things took a turn for the worse. TheCampingRusher, a well-known, though not well-respected YouTuber who had played 2b2t once or twice, started making a YouTube series about then. As June began, 2b2t was facing over 100 players a day, compared to normally 40 or so, and before long it was reacing up to 200. TPS was very low, and the players kept coming. 300, 400. Then, at the end of June, Hause introduced the queue system, barring out older players completely, and making it hard for them to play. This, of course affected new players to, and throughout the end of June, "Rushers" as they were called, searched for other anarchy servers which weren't crowded, and inevitably, found Minetexas.
I would appreciate if this post could be removed. I'm not particularly fond of the glorification of history in an RP manner, especially when something like this could have been expanded on in a more preferable manner. I want to keep the information in this post as factul as possible.
I'M A CREEPY OLD MAN ON THE INTERNET AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME
history itself is subjective, and everyone has their own view.

In light of the fact that this particular history thread is written by our longtime resident oldfag, _Remnant_ I have indeed deleted SirJohnChilcot's version of the server story (written from a middlefag viewpoint).

I will gladly restore the information and move it to a new history thread if SirJohnChilcot wishes me to.
"Complexity, is just a lot of Simplicity"
I think that it is time for a new update, topics recommended:
Fall of the Empire.
Rise and Fall of the Republic.
Stabilization of influx and the exponential outflux of players(Before 68 players a day, now 38-48 players a day).
Killgrave.
The Dupaloo.
(09-21-2016, 11:23 AM)warsoilder12 Wrote: I think that it is time for a new update, topics recommended:
Fall of the Empire.
Rise and Fall of the Republic.
Stabilization of influx and the exponential outflux of players(Before 68 players a day, now 38-48 players a day).
Killgrave.
The Dupaloo.

1. I don't think the empire has fallen necessarily
2. Same for the Republic
3. It's literally just because there is school now
4. Really? An entire section based on one dude spawncamping?
5. Is everyone duping now or something?
oh shit i meant to post the "what about Nickster" comment in this thread lol
Nope, it's too recent in history to be added as a post to a historical section. When everything has reached the post-stage period as this did, then I'll speak more in depth about the new things that have went on
I'M A CREEPY OLD MAN ON THE INTERNET AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME
yeah fuck it, speak about the rusher bollocks next year
(09-21-2016, 01:04 PM)taters69 Wrote: 5. Is everyone duping now or something?

No, there was an item dupe that went mainstream approximately 2 months ago, and it was patched within a day of it being mainstream. However that was long enough for many people to stash away a wealth of duped items, and there are many fascinating tales of large dupe stashed, although most are most likely exaggerations. In fact I know of many people who have gone 500k blocks to the "leaked" coords of a dupe stash only to find out they had been taken for a ride.

Thankfully the dupe was too short lived to hurt the server, left unchecked it would have certainly fuked it. There was a ripple felt for a week or so after the dupe, but surprisingly fast forward to 2 months after the dupe and apart from the odd person who has a couple of god apples that otherwise wouldn't have, it's as if there never was a dupe.
(09-21-2016, 06:45 PM)N3xtLevel Wrote:
(09-21-2016, 01:04 PM)taters69 Wrote: 5. Is everyone duping now or something?

No, there was an item dupe that went mainstream approximately 2 months ago, and it was patched within a day of it being mainstream. However that was long enough for many people to stash away a wealth of duped items, and there are many fascinating tales of large dupe stashed, although most are most likely exaggerations. In fact I know of many people who have gone 500k blocks to the "leaked" coords of a dupe stash only to find out they had been taken for a ride.

Thankfully the dupe was too short lived to hurt the server, left unchecked it would have certainly fuked it. There was a ripple felt for a week or so after the dupe, but surprisingly fast forward to 2 months after the dupe and apart from the odd person who has a couple of god apples that otherwise wouldn't have, it's as if there never was a dupe.

Yes, I know about the dupe, I am the one who got it patched by atar in the first place to prevent Super-Cancer permanently destroying the server.
(09-22-2016, 04:17 PM)SirJohnChilcot Wrote: we might see a lul in spawnkilling, but it will not last if the above does not happen.

It's a popular anarchy server with a /spawn mechanic. There will always be spawnkilling.