Server is dead
The PVP server is yet again dead.... This server has so much potential and now that MineTexas is more exposed I feel that this is a grand oppurtunity to give the server another chance.  Here are a few ideas.

1. New shop spawn and restart map

2. Make voting have an actual reward, as of now you only get redbacks for voting and without shops the only thing you can do is spend money on faction land. I think having a random chance of getting ores/money/enchants etc... You need to make palyers WANT to vote everyday.

3. More plugins to keep players entertained. MCMMO I beleive is a great plugin for faction servers but only if the combat advantage side is disabled. ChestDrop plugin spawns a chest full of rare items randomly around the map and broadcasts the coords so it will make players duke it out for the items. (Not sure if this plugin is updated, if it isn't it wouldn't take long to code)

4. Keep the world border at a reasonable distance to encourage raiding and PVP

I will edit in more and if anyone else has ideas for the servers feel free to pitch in.

I feel that the server has great potential to be the best again and its sad to see the server that started this place at 0 slots the majority of the time.
[Image: LzwHy0X.gif]
We cannot have individual voting rewards at all according to Mojang. Voting itself doesn't bring in a bunch of players anyways. I'm in the process of phasing out individual voting rewards.

Someone came along with some great ideas for the Factions server, and I'd like to stick with most of them: World border, NO admin shop, increased faction shops.

Edit: Also don't really see a reason to rest the map as it just reset in January/February and hasn't been very busy.

[Image: CfTHY5X.png]

The above image is the last three months of players (unique new vs recurring, Gaps are when reporting was off). There are plenty of new players streaming in daily, just not enough to draw them back and keep them around. I think one of the main problems with PVP right now isn't the map, but the fact that I'm never on it. If we could have a dedicated mods or so to be on throughout the day/week, I think we could draw a few more players in. Most of the regulars have moved on. If you're willing to step in and be one of those mods again, I'm willing to let you take the reigns of the day to day of the Faction PVP Server.
Support MineTexas, Buy Plus
Shop our Cafe Press Store
Or shop our Amazon Affiliate store.
(07-18-2016, 10:09 AM)ataranlen Wrote: We cannot have individual voting rewards at all according to Mojang. Voting itself doesn't bring in a bunch of players anyways. I'm in the process of phasing out individual voting rewards.

Someone came along with some great ideas for the Factions server, and I'd like to stick with most of them: World border, NO admin shop, increased faction shops.

Edit: Also don't really see a reason to rest the map as it just reset in January/February and hasn't been very busy.

[Image: CfTHY5X.png]

The above image is the last three months of players (unique new vs recurring, Gaps are when reporting was off). There are plenty of new players streaming in daily, just not enough to draw them back and keep them around. I think one of the main problems with PVP right now isn't the map, but the fact that I'm never on it. If we could have a dedicated mods or so to be on throughout the day/week, I think we could draw a few more players in. Most of the regulars have moved on. If you're willing to step in and be one of those mods again, I'm willing to let you take the reigns of the day to day of the Faction PVP Server.

I'd be willing to moderate again. I have people who are up to play and keep the server stable for a while unless it doesn't grow. Also, yeah I understand the map reset part but the spawn is a bit limited and complex for the player shops. Factions is also updated for 1.10
[Image: LzwHy0X.gif]
Yea, I used to play factions but none is there anymore