Make spawn larger plz
Music 
There's about 6 people who never run out of gapples and always camp spawn... it's very frustrating when trying to make trades, go to the end, meet up with friends, etc. Please consider making the spawn area wider so that this issue is drastically improved. Not only would it make things more convenient for oldfags, but it would give new players a better chance at survival. 

We could hold a vote for it even. Thanks.
(08-01-2016, 12:15 PM)Elafanoo Wrote: There's about 6 people who never run out of gapples and always camp spawn... it's very frustrating when trying to make trades, go to the end, meet up with friends, etc. Please consider making the spawn area wider so that this issue is drastically improved. Not only would it make things more convenient for oldfags, but it would give new players a better chance at survival. 

We could hold a vote for it even. Thanks.

Do you mean a larger protected area or a large unprotected area where you randomly teleport somewhere in when you use the spawn command?
Elafanoo if I was you I would first be a respected player and then almost everyone will not KOS u
You're lucky to even have a /spawn mechanic at all. If overworld spawn is busy, utilize the nether hub. Send a scout, ask a trusted player. Your schedule may be delayed, too fucking bad. There's even an echest permanently located at spawn so even naked, brand new players can store with no liability.

We take it for granted how much time /spawn currently saves rather than 1) living close to spawn 2) making a long journey every time outside interaction is desired. It's no doubt a hostile environment at times but it's also one that can be managed easily with some common sense. Most "oldfags" have absolutely no problem moving through spawn for transportation or trading. Even the majority of newer players have developed situations where moving through there for whatever reason is generally without conflict. Sure, shit can happen at times to anyone, that's part of the nature of the server. It's not a towny/anarchy hybrid. You can't pick and choose when you want "anarchy"-
Semi-Vanilla Anarchy Sometimes.

I'm pretty confident one issue you may be having is related to reputation- if recalled correctly, pretty sure you decided it'd be a good idea to hit and run different people from when you first got excited about having "god" gear. My apologies if I'm mistaken but I do remember multiple people telling me you attacked them for no reason then ended up running away.

As far as easier new player survival, it's already ridiculously easy to get going. New players make it more difficult for themselves- often choosing to spend more time hanging around spawn than building up their own situation. Trading is a luxury, it's not a right. I'm not sure why new players feel an automatic entitlement to not be targeted at spawn just because they're trading, passing through to get home or trying to meet up with friends. These kids need to adapt. Sorry things aren't as easy as you want them to be, OP.
Welcome to MineTexas.

Conclusion: The current state of spawn is fine. Instead of trying to change the server mechanics, focus on changing how you play.
Elafanoo, for someone who recently did a massive and very disruptive lavacast of the End that is impairing traditional trading areas and transportation, I would have thought that this was not an issue. I sense hypocrisy.
And this is coming from a person who laggs he entire server by lavacasting. Just taking a notice from what John said.
Hawt Doggo
Xenobyte, you seem to not be following company profile code. Change the profile picture to the approved one in the forum section.
I'M A CREEPY OLD MAN ON THE INTERNET AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME
(08-02-2016, 10:21 AM)_Remnant_ Wrote: Xenobyte, you seem to not be following company profile code. Change the profile picture to the approved one in the forum section.

I'm trying, but it says that the URL is too large. So, ill have to download the image i pressume?
Hawt Doggo
I see you figured it out.
I'M A CREEPY OLD MAN ON THE INTERNET AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME