Allow all languages
I've noticed this on a few other servers, and always thought it was stupid. Especially with this server. There seems to be a large amount of Dutch and German players on the server for whatever reason, and for some reason, they aren't allowed to speak their own language? You do realize that some people don't know how to speak english, and therefore will not even understand you when you make these rules. Maybe, there's a reason why they don't respond. Instead of trying to censor language because of the fear that they "might" (when we all know it has as much of a chance of actually happening than Nixon rising from the grave) say something rude in chat. You wouldn't understand what they were saying anyways and therefore would not be affected. Other foreign servers don't force you to speak that language, or not speak it at all. 

Tl;dr
They can't understand anything you say, you can't understand them, so it shouldn't bother you. What you should be addressing is Civcrafters' apparent xenophobia.
I'M A CREEPY OLD MAN ON THE INTERNET AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME
It's clearly stated that this server is based in Texas, United States where the main language is English. We have different channels on civ craft for different languages. Most of the foreign players I've seen are bilingual but for those who aren't we just simply move them to the proper channel and if they keep violating then they will
Be removed to find a server that pertains to their language. Will of course try to communicate through google translate or similar to tell them.
[Image: LzwHy0X.gif]
We've also got some moderators who are at least proficient in those languages who can communicate with them clearly.
Support MineTexas, Buy Plus
Shop our Cafe Press Store
Or shop our Amazon Affiliate store.
So..you have moderators who don't have trouble communicating. I don't see why you need an english only rule if you actually can communicate. If there's a reason, it flew over my head.
I'M A CREEPY OLD MAN ON THE INTERNET AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME
I honestly don't get what the positive affects are of an english only chat. It stifles internationalism in a younger generation, deters a wide international market for CivCraft that for some reason you have.

If the reason you want it is to make sure they aren't swearing, then it defeats the object, as the fact that no one can understand them means them swearing does not affect or trigger the entire server.

Finally, if bullying is happening, it will only be between two people who can speak the same language, so that person can report it, and the mod can google translate it.

Foreign languages bolster your server, show and encourage inherent Xenophobia in the young, and banning somebody for trying to communicate is just force people to shut up and not talk.

Please explain this to me, I'm very confused.