Accidentally Made Alchohol
So, I've had a jug of unopened ice tea that's been sitting in my pantry for a few months now, and I decided to open it up today and have a drink. When I went to drink some after refrigerating it, I got about halfway through before I smelled it to figure out why it tasted so odd. instead of the smell of iced tea wafting up, it smelled like straight alchohol, which explained why it tasted more like cough syrup than iced tea. Lesson learned:  Dont leave a jug unrefrigerated in a cool dark place for several months, unless you plan on drinking long island iced tea.
I'M A CREEPY OLD MAN ON THE INTERNET AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME
I don't think that's how that works.... but okay.
Support MineTexas, Buy Plus
Shop our Cafe Press Store
Or shop our Amazon Affiliate store.
Ataranlen you silly goose. Anything with sugar in it can ferment into some form of alchohol. Tea especially, since it naturally has bacteria that breeds quite well. You could literally ferment a bottle of fruit juice in 48 hours, if you did it right. In this case, it was accidental, and ruined my lunch (because it tasted god-awful).
Tea that is Iced does not like being iced tea and want to turn into something better, and more natural to drink. Tea is an english drink, and therefore follows British Laws of Beverage, i.e. Be a warm Tea, or be Ale. What you have witnessed my friend, was the evolution of an English drink out of that horrible "iced tea" solution to abide by the Laws of Beverages.

The lesson learnt: Drink ACTUAL Tea, particularly Black Teas from the East Assam Region of India with 1/5 Milk and no sugar. (advice from a British Tea entusiast)
Well, if a British tea enthusiast said it, then it must be true.