Trusted τΓαδΣΓ Rules
Exclamation 
This scheme is currently being set up, so the rules may be added to and altered further, although I don't expect them to change much. I also welcome suggestions and feedback to the rules on this page.

τΓαδΣΓ Rules
(Breaking them causes you to lose your trader badge permanently)

1. Don't attack anyone first or without good reason
By killing people randomly, you will bring the trader name down. Killing people is fine, just do it from another account

2. Accept Diamond blocks as currency
Also always take payment first. 

3. Offer a refund/exchange for any unused product purchased in error 
Suggested time limit of 5 minutes after purchase

4. Provide an echest and normal chest for a trade
Allows buyer to safely retrieve currency and store purchased goods

τΓαδΣΓ Code of Ethics
(You shouldn't do these, but you won't lose your badge)

Don't leave before customer has said "ty"
Unless customer is clearly happy or jokingly not saying ty to troll you

Don't spam the pubic chat with buy/sell offers.
Nobody wants this, give it some time between messages.

Don't use another players brand name without permission (includes duping)
If you're going to dupe something, at least change the name.

Don't sell TNT, Witherskulls or End Crystals
Splash potions, Beacons and Ghast tears fine

Don't give your customer's location away
The biggest risk when trading is being attacked by a third party. The only reason this isn't bannable is that it's very hard to prove.

Accept Iron, Gold and Emerald as currency
I will offer currency exchange services to the trader frat to help with this

Find a safe trading location
We need to construct additional obsidian trade rooms, ideally with Iron doors that can not be opened from the outside
"Complexity, is just a lot of Simplicity"
what do you guys think of using obsidian as currency? Main problem with it is that it takes up a lot of space.
rough price would be 1 stack of obby = 4 db

edit: i think it takes up far too much space
what do you guys think of banning trusted traders from selling raw gunpowder? there are legitimate uses of it but it can also be used for TNT which is only going to make spawn more like 2b2t (and we know what happened there)
I think all your guidelines are great for the "Trusted Trader" role. All those things obviously have application to every trade on the server.

My critique: quit banning certain items for sale. Enable the future "Trusted Traders" by participating in all goods and services- possibly with the exception of specific services such as insiding and subsequent coord sales. Part of me would want to undercut the program by advising you to move forward with banning items like wither skulls and gunpowder, as it furthers some sort of "black market" roleplay and it's fun to rib those who abide by nonsensical rules, but I do truly believe that ideal systems for our server should maintain a spirit of anarchy. Instead of every kid playing pretend government because they get bored without some type of RP or title, we could just do some cool shit and use your "Trusted Trader" scheme as another brick in building an ever-increasing badass place to play Minecraft.

If you're going to deem certain items as illegal, please make the kids follow two other arbitrary rules:

"Trusted Traders" must only trade with special-issue iron boots on to visually notify to the community that they are actively trading.

Only "Trusted Traders" who have completed the 12-week Advanced Trading course given by a registered instructor are able to don Infinity branded magenta color leather helmets.

Though I make some of the post in pure jest, there is some substance. We have an opportunity/responsibilty to keep this shit anarchy- to just fuck around and do some awesome stuff with good people around, without the overlay of plugins or minigames. "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of Law", my nigga. If you need to rationalize the sale of wither skulls, gunpowder, and end crystals- they're only allowable for sale with the intention of making banners, fireworks, and farming dragon's breath. Wink wink.
to be honest, i'm absolutely in two minds about the banned items idea.

part of me likes free trade, and the main point of the trusted trader scheme is to help players avoid getting ripped off, not to stop griefing.

I have a separate project which is to build stuff at spawn, and a healthy TNT/wither market does make that more challenging. Perhaps that is making me lean towards banned items.

But really... I LOVE the idea of an unregulated blackmarket, where players need to be a bit more careful buying. I consider TNT to be the equivalent of a dangerous drug- gives the user a quick high but destroys society. This stuff will still be bought and sold, just not 'legally' ^ ^
I have been brought up as a good European Liberal, and so hear the liberal argument. A black market, as well as existing, and that meaning that griefers will of course get TNT anyway, But the worst part is that, unlike with Trader, we cannot regulate the black market. If Trader sells gunpowder, then perhaps a little bit of TNT will be available more easily for griefers, but the benefits are large. First, it adds of course to profits, which is good, but more importantly, it makes it easier to fight griefers. If proper records are kept of all transactions, we can find potential noob threats from dodgy deals, bulk TNT, slime blocks and God armour; we can keep detailed records of who owns what, and how best to combat them, and we can make sure that when a grifer is identified, we have eliminated the black market will be destroyed, so that he can be more fully embargoed. The black market may sound cool, but in truth it is a disaster for security, a detriment to profit and a mistake for those wishing to keep griefers at bay.

(Where and when can I sign up?!?)
(08-05-2016, 04:47 AM)SirJohnChilcot Wrote: (Where and when can I sign up?!?)

Register your interest at
http://www.minetexas.com/minecraft-serve...hp?tid=734
Alright... what I think I'll do is split the rules into 2 types... Bannable offences and a code of conduct where breaking the rules does not result in losing trusted trader status.

Selling TNT will not result in a ban, although I personally don't like it.
(08-17-2016, 08:45 AM)ChadDX Wrote: Alright... what I think I'll do is split the rules into 2 types... Bannable offences and a code of conduct where breaking the rules does not result in losing trusted trader status.

Selling TNT will not result in a ban, although I personally don't like it.

Ahem....
Hawt Doggo
(08-23-2016, 09:03 AM)Xenobyte73 Wrote: Ahem....

You are going to need to expand on your comment if you want a reply. I have no idea what your point is here.