Civcraft Reset due to Name Changes
Today, as Mojang implemented Name Changes, several things became apparent to me.

First, Civcraft doesnt' support name changes. Under the hood, the database is built to rely upon the username. Any time someone change their name, I would have had to go edit the database and restart the server. This is too much work with hundreds of players joining the server each week, many of them might change their name at any given time.

When a user changed names, their resident file would become invalidated in the database. This would remove them from their town and camp. It would also make them unable to administrate their civilization.

I'm taking some time to fix the Civcraft plugin to support changing names. This should be done tonight. The downside is that we must do a full server wipe as the old database doesn't support using UUID's for everything. Since we're resetting the server, I'll be making a few other changes as well. You'll hear more about those soon.

So that's what's happening, I'm fixing the plugin and then resetting the server.
any chance u can post date/time? i think Friday would be a perfect date because then everyone can stay on all day XD
The time hasn't been decided yet, but I'm pretty sure the re-launch will happen tomorrow, Friday February 6th.
Is it going to be 1.8?

- jackdm9090
Sadly, no. There is a dependency on Modlib which is used for all of the Custom Mobs. AntiCheat also would need to be updated to 1.8 as well.
Civcraft also uses a custom build of Spigot.
Welp, I am now officially quitting MineTexas, and going off to probably join a different server, that probably won't reset anytime soon.

Was nice knowing you all.

How come you can't wait until after this Age is over?
It took you a week to get where you were. Why not do it again but have the same chance as everyone else?
(02-05-2015, 03:29 PM)Syvarisin Wrote: Welp, I am now officially quitting MineTexas, and going off to probably join a different server, that probably won't reset anytime soon.

The other servers are having the same problem.
(02-05-2015, 03:42 PM)mattzzigster Wrote:
(02-05-2015, 03:29 PM)Syvarisin Wrote: Welp, I am now officially quitting MineTexas, and going off to probably join a different server, that probably won't reset anytime soon.

Yea other forums reveal that now.

Guess i'll stay then.
(02-05-2015, 03:43 PM)Syvarisin Wrote:
(02-05-2015, 03:42 PM)mattzzigster Wrote:

Yea other forums reveal that now.

Guess i'll stay then.

Yeah, This is a problem that isn't unique to MineTexas Civcraft. But it is a problem that I can consider to have solved. The only issue is it required a fresh server to work properly.

The other servers are going to all realize this sooner or later.