Shitpost #1
Don't mind me just shitposting

I am in Austrailia if you didn't already know, after the flight from hell (well, technically a flight from the Fatherland, and that is most certainly not hell) and HOLY SHIT it is awful. I mean, Jesus. First things first, an old woman had a stroke so we were delayed by 30 FUCKING MINUTES! Just a few things about this. Why THE FUCK did the old woman think it a good idea to fly, being old and strokeable and teetering on the edge of life. More then that, why is the tax payers money going to this woman's holiday to Singapore? We are paying her a massive pension, which she is only going to spend on holidays and luxuries. I get that they have contributed to society, and I feel that they should therefore be given enough for food and amenities, but if they want to FUCKING fly to Singapore, then they better get a fucking job. I don't know if anyone notices, but the vast amounts of retired people in our society are voters, so politicians vote for them, people for whom the election means nothing, with no future in the cpuntry, not searching for jobs or houses or anything. I feel that we should seriously reconsider the fact that they can vote, and under 18s can't, especially when it is the under 18s who will be affected most by policies. I don't know if America saw, but 5 weeks ago a SHIT TON of old xenophobes decided that they didn't like the EU very much, fuck the economy and jobs, it doesn't affect me. 70% of over 65s voted to leave, whilst 75% of under 30s voted to stay. This is a sure sign that older people are out of touch with the reality of the economy and the jobs market, only considering emotions in their monotonous life of uselessness. These people give nothing to society, and seek nothing, so in referendums at least, if not all elections we should ban those on pensions from voting. Please don't be too amused, my Atlantic friends, the USA has exactly the same problem with Trymp and needs the same solution.

Fucking old people (not literally)
Ageist scum.
I'M A CREEPY OLD MAN ON THE INTERNET AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME
If the elderly want to vote, then they can work and contribute to society. If they merely want to live out their days on a pension, and I don't blame them for that, then they should cede their right to vote. This isn't ageist, it's just that elderly people are the main group who suck off the government, and those who live off the off government money ONLY should not decide the future.
If children want equal rights, then they should be forced to work and contribute to society. If they want to live out their childhood living off their parents, and I don't blame them for that, then they should cede their rights. This isn't ageist, it's just that children are the real main group that depend entirely on others, and those who depend on others should NOT have equal rights.
"Children aren't allowed to do anything, including work." *cough cough* Industrial Revolution *cough cough* countries other than UK and US *cough cough*.
I agree. And that is why I want the vote, because, believe it or not, I have a part time job. But it should work both ways.
Children are mentally inferior to adults. That's not ageism, it's scientific fact. Has to do with a lack of development in different parts of the brain involved in decision making and emotional response. Emphasis on the decision making aspect. The ability to process information and create a logical result. Here's several scientific studies that talk about that subject from a legal and biological standpoint: http://goo.gl/sk23rA
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2892678/
http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/node/1225
My argument for the legal aspect is that since an adolescent is incapable of being held on the same accounts for a severe crime, due to a lack of decision making then the same should (and does) apply to voting. The biological aspect is simply proof of the above statement's viability.
We allow people with dementia to vote. But even so, you miss the point. Their are intelligent enough to vote, sometimes far more intelligent then adults, and have a right to, because they have a large part in that future they are voting for. But by not allowing them to vote, their problems, our future are decided by people who won't live to see their projects finished. Further, by not being allowed to vote, they are subtly discriminated against by the system. If no one votes for a party because it benefits the young, then youth issues are ignored. Tuition fees are the obvious example, and last year 30,000 young people, including me, protested in London against them, with no consequence. Young people should have a right to vote, and they need a vote.
You are aware that community colleges exist, correct? Colleges are primarily privately owned, and therefore are just adhering to the basic ideals of capitalism. Just because an individual wants something or feels entitled to it, does not mean someone else should be forced to pay for it. Because that "free" tuition isn't going to be free. It's going to be people paying for a service that caters to only others. Force privately owned colleges to be free, and expect a sharp increase in taxation.
Ah. Here is an issue. You are from the US, where colleges are privately owned. I am in the UK. But anyway, tuition is just one example where the young are abused by the old because the young are not represented.