Hostile mob spawns.
There is virtually no hostile mob spawns anymore. This is particularly affecting slime ball supplies, and other rare items like wither skulls and ghast tears. 
Even when the player count got down to 12 last night, there were no natural mobs spawning.
Is it possible to increase the mob cap to allow for mob spawns? Or have we permanatly rekt the server with our mob grinders?
According to Ataranlen, he's working on getting the server multi-threaded so that issues like that wont be an issue anymore.
I'M A CREEPY OLD MAN ON THE INTERNET AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME
(08-17-2016, 03:03 PM)_Remnant_ Wrote: According to Ataranlen, he's working on getting the server multi-threaded so that issues like that wont be an issue anymore.

That would be fantastic. The reason I asked is because the other anarchy server I play on has similar player levels, around 15-30 depending on time, and yet there is enough of a mob cap to allow around 20 hostile mobs around each player at any one time, even while mob grinders are running and taking a lot of the mob cap.
Admittedly the TPS can get bad on this server, but I personally would accept a trade off of a TPS drop to see some mobs again.
ANOTHER Anarchy server?!?!?!?

How dare you!

My Atar strike you down with a mouldy shoe.
XD rko outta nowhere with the mouldy shoe
Generally speaking, multi-threading the server with the high quality equipment ataranlen is using wouldn't damage anything, except maybe a few plugins like worldguard and worldedit (at least that's what he said), and would basically improve everything.
You want to know what to do the next time you see the mobs get to be that low? Look at who's been sitting in the tab, not doing anything in particular. If it's either Dank__Memes__ or Danker__Memes__, chances are that happens to be the reason why. I tried waiting for hours on end to get even just a few hostile mobs to spawn, and I mean only one or two every few hours, I looked at who had been consistently in tab the entire time. The only person there? Dank and his alt Danker. I have reason to believe he's fucking over the rest of the server with his mob farms. It's happened before with him, and it looks like it's happening again.
I don't have issues with mob farms, they are part of the game.
I have a very large gold farm, and I've tested its Individual affect on the server, and whether it's turned off or on makes no difference to mob spawning, even during off peak server times, with less than 20 players on.

So my in un-reviewed un-scienetific study, a single mob farm wont rek the mob cap.
So my probably incorrect conclusion is that theres either many, many mob farms running 24/7 on the server, or the mob cap is too low for the number of players on the server. Now I know nothing about running servers, so I could be totally off with the last conclusion.
Mob farms, even singular ones, can gobble up spawnrates. Goldfarms especially. And he's practically bragged in the past about his farm. We've had an issue like this with a player before, so believe me when I say it's more possible than you think.
We've been running the multi-threaded modifications for several days now.
I've also put things in place to limit mob farms a bit more.
Support MineTexas, Buy Plus
Shop our Cafe Press Store
Or shop our Amazon Affiliate store.