Olympic Event Planning
Okay, this is the dedicated 'planning page' for the Olympics that me and BuzzWeedle are planning. So just suggest some possible events below, and if anyone is willing to pay for the badge, please speak up!

Main info:

The event will happen once every 4 weeks.

Each event will start upon hearing the sound of TnT, similar to the gunshots at the Olympics.

It will take place 1k-3k blocks out away from spawn.

Killing or griefing anyone at the arena will be costly, global KoS, global /ignoring, bed trapping, etc.

I've planned out 3 possible events, and a picture of the top-down arena layout:

Event 1: Water+Lilypad Race
Event 2: Archery
Event 3: Hunger Games

The Lily pad race (Lilypolo) will have five swimmers, they have to time their jumps across the uneven sets of lilypads. The swimmers must be naked, so no-one has gear that increases water movement. The water is 1 block deep. Whoever makes it to the end first will win the Olympic badge. There will be a video overview to make sure the winner is accurately decided.

Archery will be shooting from forty blocks away, attempting to hit a 2 block high pillar, with a button on the second block up. Whoever hits closest to the button will win the Olympic badge.

The Hunger Games will be the main event, at the eastern portion of the arena. The last man standing will earn the Olympic badge, however, the Hunger Games event may take place outside the arena if needed, for more room.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"Simplicity, is just a lack of complexity." ~Cruzbones, circa 2016.
I am quite sure that for the Archery they will just use trajectories
(08-28-2016, 05:38 PM)Aslanbor Wrote: I am quite sure that for the Archery they will just use trajectories

Well yeah, but it's harder than you think from 40 blocks away even with trajectories.
"Simplicity, is just a lack of complexity." ~Cruzbones, circa 2016.