Entity changes coming in 1.11
https://twitter.com/jeb_/status/774228055132889088
Support MineTexas, Buy Plus
Shop our Cafe Press Store
Or shop our Amazon Affiliate store.
fantastic... this should sort out the mob lag issues we've been having
"Complexity, is just a lot of Simplicity"
This is stupid, it isn't fantastic, and it utterly breaks mob farms to a huge extent. Unless Atar decides to change the game rule, this is fucking stupid. All it's going to do is mean is that things just get needlessly harder for no reason.
I'M A CREEPY OLD MAN ON THE INTERNET AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME
chill ur beans, Remnant, it doesn't break mob farms at all.

What it does is stops people from letting their mobs build up without killing them. That is a fantastic addition.
I already have a plugin in place that does this to a certain extent. This just means I can remove that plugin.
Support MineTexas, Buy Plus
Shop our Cafe Press Store
Or shop our Amazon Affiliate store.
Thanks for the heads up Atar. 

This is good for our server. Jeb said that they only suffocate if there is more than 24 mobs touching each other, i.e. pretty much standing on the same block.

Thus, this game change will only effect players who let their grinders build up, not those who are countinously killing them off as they AFK.

Also note that they "begin to suffocate" so it won't be an instant deletion of the entity, Jeb has aĺlowed a certain leeway in the mechanic that we can play with.

This will affect some people sure, but only the cunts who are causing load on the server and killing the mob cap. People with "wait till 100 mobs then kill" grinders will need to adapt, which is good for the server.
Chill, Remnant. Mob farms will be fine, however chicken egg lag beacons may lose efficiency greatly unless you a have a large grid of beacons... shit that's a good idea :|
"Simplicity, is just a lack of complexity." ~Cruzbones, circa 2016.
(09-09-2016, 01:56 PM)ataranlen Wrote: I already have a plugin in place that does this to a certain extent. This just means I can remove that plugin.

I know a certain player who will be very happy that his villagers will stop despawning  Smile