How To Survive Spawn, An Actual Guide For Newfriends
I saw that this directory has about 3 threads, 1 of them actually refering to in-game, albeit directed towards those who have logged onto the server for months. This guide is to help those who do nothing but pollute the server with nonsensical bullshit. If someone is having issues or just being straight up annoying, send them this to them, in hopes that they might learn from the mistakes they are making.

Okay, with that out of the way, let's get on with the guide.

First, you are going to spawn in. Simple first step, made irreversibly hard. There will be spawncampers, there will be griefed terrain, and there will be no food. What you want to do is keep respawning, keep trying to run away. Once you get the hell out of dodge, get food and keep going. If you don't have a hacked client, get one. I recommend either Impact or Wurst, as they have all you will need to keep up with everyone else. Or, you could just run an x-ray hack. Remember, this is a vanilla anarchy server, and everything goes. If you find a quirk in the system, for the love of god use it. Everybody else is.

Second, get supplies. This is food, raw materials, and a bed to sleep in. You want to go far, so far that no one in their right mind would come for you. I recommend at least 10,000 out at first. If you can, make sure that no one is at spawn and go through the nether. There is an ender chest in the spawn area, and a large nether portal for anyone to use. There is also an end portal, but you won't need it. Make sure you can withstand the naked combat bots that sometimes plague spawn. 1 block in the nether is 10 blocks in the overworld, but, then again, a nether portal out at 1,000 blocks in the nether is gonna attract some attention. You are gonna need a fuck ton of food for this next step, so make sure to stockpile.

Now that you have gathered your supplies, it's time to find a permanent home. If you started chatting with someone, and they agree to take you in, ask for their coords if you decide to move in. Having God Armour, which is perfect enchants on all pieces, is recommended, but the chance of you acquiring the 128 Diamond blocks that are required are VERY slim. All you would need is food, some armor to take some hits, and a willing mind. If no one has decided to take you in, head into the nether, pick a direction, and walk. Keep walking. Don't stop walking. If you run out of food, make a nether portal, grab food, and keep walking. If your coordinates in the overworld is under 7 digits, you have not gone far enough. You want to be able to say approximately how far your base is and still feel safe.

Congratulations, if you have followed everything in this guide to the letter, you have successfully escaped server infantry! I will shortly be making another guide on how to prosper, becoming part of the server. For some of you, the title of "Oldfag" will come on a silver platter. To others, it might be a grueling task. To many, you will never get there at all. But at least you can say you tried.
I remember escaping without a hacked client back in the Rusher Crisis, making a boat on one of Chad's roads in the middle of an ocean, then I just raided island bases as I went out and gathered more and more. Only real pirates have no need for such materialistic clients. (until BuzzWeedle told me about them and I ended up hackin shit w/ em)
"Simplicity, is just a lack of complexity." ~Cruzbones, circa 2016.